Adrift

kiddoonaleash

Jan 11, 2012
1. In which area is critique to be sought?
Composition, Exposure and post processing

2. What one hopes to achieve with this piece of work?
I took this photo because I really liked the reflection of the leaves on the water surface above it. What I want to show is the dual images created by the water.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
Was back home from office and sitting on the couch when I saw that these leaves had broken free from the rest of the plant in the aquarium. I liked the effect that it was creating
photostream
as it twirled in the water because of the filter. Also, only one fish was swimming past it and I liked the contrast between the orange and the green.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
I think its a decent attempt. I had to pump up the ISO and change the shutter settings many times before I could get this image. Also required me to be quite patient so I could capture the fish in the frame as well :)

6923229521_3254ff3616_z.jpg

Last edited:
your photo caught my attention due to the strong contrast between dark background and the plant. Love the lighting as well. Well done :)

However if you have not mentioned the fish in your description I would have wondered what is that orange thing. Personally I would prefer the fish to be at the bottom left of the frame (thus projecting an inverted image on the top left as well), and also make sure that I captured the fish as a whole.

Thanks bro. well noted. now that I think about it, I agree that the full fish at the bottom would have been very beautiful. Tks for the comment, really appreciate it! :)
Also the contrast is probably a bit more because I experimented with the blacks slider on photoshop. :D

this shot would have been beautiful if not for the fish. Kind of distracting.

Thanks Anhyeuem for the comment. Yeah, looks like the fish is not conveying the effect I wanted it to. Comment well noted. :)

actually the fish makes the photo interesting. if not for the fish it would be kinda boring, u dont believe, try to picture it in ur mind.

there is a couple small round specs near the far right leaf.

u say u bumped up the iso for this shot? u may have the iso too high.

Tks for the comment bro Lactose. Sori for late reply, was out on the weekend. Frankly I did not even see that white speck till you mentioned it. You very sharp! I think it's dust on the wall of the aquarium. I don't think it's because of the iso tho, but I cannot be sure. The photo was taken at iso 3200 tho.

Interesting photo, but a good photo should be able to tell the story by itself. The best is able to see the fish itself without guessing. :)

Thanks broylim and SilverPine. I am glad that you like the pic . :)

Maybe the fish is the secret sauce. :p