Adobe photoshop

Ayie Lostarz

Jan 17, 2011
hi all.. i wanted to buy a editing software.. interested at the adobe photoshop... do u guys know where to get this editing software at a good price...? thanks...

Ayie Lostarz said:
hi all.. i wanted to buy a editing software.. interested at the adobe photoshop... do u guys know where to get this editing software at a good price...? thanks...

Sim Lim square. But prices do not vary too much.

Ayie Lostarz said:
what u mean by vary to much... roughly how much ah....?

Master collection cost around 3.5k
Photoshop cs5 around 1.3k

Last edited:
If the focus is on 'good price' then Photoshop might not be the answer. There are other tools to edit images (GIMP). And depending on your workflow other tools might be even more suitable. Simple adjustments in exposure, sharpening and cropping can be done with tons of freeware, not forgetting the software that came with the camera.

You have to prove you are a student or teacher.;)

And you cannot produce commercial works with it. If caught, will get sued.
Thing is a lot of people have the " if other can do, so can i " mindset. If get caught, throw names of people doing the same thing and eventually get them also in trouble. Now is like that one be it business or studies.

If the focus is on 'good price' then Photoshop might not be the answer. There are other tools to edit images (GIMP). And depending on your workflow other tools might be even more suitable. Simple adjustments in exposure, sharpening and cropping can be done with tons of freeware, not forgetting the software that came with the camera.
For the right reasons, Photoshop is a good tool.

Thing is, there are people who have expectation that to be pro must use photoshop.

Thing is a lot of people have the " if other can do, so can i " mindset. If get caught, throw names of people doing the same thing and eventually get them also in trouble. Now is like that one be it business or studies.
So you agree to this mindset? I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.

Octarine said:

Just to add,

Gimp is not a weak tool. It is around 80% of Photoshop's capability with the correct plug-ins.

Yes, it even has content aware fill way before Photoshop did. The plug in is called resynthesizer.

If you are still set on getting Photoshop, maybe you can consider Photoshop Elements 8 or 9. It has almost all that a photographer (short of a pro) need for editing. Best it is only a little more than $100/=.