Adobe Photoshop CS ICC profile problem..help needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheewooi

Mar 17, 2004
West
Ok..when I start Adobe PS CS, it prompted this problem:

Then when I tried to load an image..there another problem:

What causes this problem? Do i need 2 rerun Adobe Gama to recalibrate my monitor? Any other thing that I can do beside that? I think I lost my sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile.. :dunno:

Are you running a PC or a MAC? I assume it is a PC.

Do not use your monitor profile as your working space :confused:!

I prefer Adobe RGB as a working space because it has a wider gamut. You have to remember to convert to sRBG (actually sRGB IEC61966-2.1) before you save for web. Otherwise, the images will look slightly desaturated.

To change your defaults, Go: edit -> color setting

To convert to sRGB after editing, Go: image -> mode -> convert to profile

You can calibrate your monitor separately. Go to your Windows Control Panel and look for the Adobe Gamma icon.

For the 1st problem, yes, you need to recalibrate your monitor. As what r52lanc has pointed out, go to Windows Control Panel and execute the Adobe Gamma icon. One advice is that when calibrating your monitor, you may want to make sure the ambient light is dark enough, so as to obtain a more accurate configuration.

r52lanc, I agree with you on using the Adobe RGB, however, I found that if I use aRGB, my output is not what I wanted when I view it separately, say, on IE or some other image viewing SW. What do you think is the problem? I have no problem in getting a correct output when using sRGB.

PC monitors are calibrated for sRGB. Adobe PhotoShop is clever...you are working in Adobe RGB but you are seeing it in sRGB. Once you save the photo as a jpeg and open it in a viewer or in IE, you will see it in the 'wrong' colorspace....unless you convert it to sRGB.

A rather long article on how to calibrate your monitor and set-up your colorspace settings is here:

Photoshop CS and Colour Management

Status
Not open for further replies.