Adobe Photoshop Album - comments? anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

urban

Mar 7, 2002
As above, this seems like a cheap and good tool. Anyone has used it before? How is this as compared to ACDsee 5.0?

They are similar in function, but PS Album has some nifty wizards for creating stuff like Photo Books, Calendars, etc. Cool if you don't want the hassle of doing them yourself in PageMaker, etc. Also organizes all your digital pics (even those on CDs) and lets you tag them for easy searching (Think ACDSee also does that, but i haven't figured that out).

Waiting for a trial version to be put up by Adobe, but that has not happened..... :(

Cost of the software is S$56 or something I think. Quite affordable.

Regards
CK

i tried but there is one thing i really dun understand... how come we can only have "People", "Places", "Events" and "Others" category, can't add additional main category.... :what:

overall it's great tools to manage ur photo i think, it will link to ur location where u keep the photos, but also categorize all ur photos at the same time. also can burn into cd... more to explore... ;)

When I was exploring the Adobe PA site, what struck me was the ability to print photo books/calendars. And I think it looks easier to do than other full-blown software like pagemaker/publisher.

May just buy this one. Looks like a winner.

Originally posted by chenwei
i tried but there is one thing i really dun understand... how come we can only have "People", "Places", "Events" and "Others" category, can't add additional main category.... :what:

overall it's great tools to manage ur photo i think, it will link to ur location where u keep the photos, but also categorize all ur photos at the same time. also can burn into cd... more to explore... ;)

Thought Canto Cumulus or Extensis Portfolio will be a better management tool for large collections of pics for a photographer. I usually like to separate image manupilation with archiving of pics.

Originally posted by teowws
Thought Canto Cumulus or Extensis Portfolio will be a better management tool for large collections of pics for a photographer. I usually like to separate image manupilation with archiving of pics.
dun hv this 2 so can't try n compare... :(

btw, if separate image manipulation from archiving, won't it be extra effort to find the original image n manipulate again? :eek:

Originally posted by hentaitic
then download from Kazaa laa! Free summore!
Only 74,816KB!!!

HeHeHe!!!

That only without the template. You can't make photo album book, slideshow, web page etc...

CD-ROM come with 235MB size.:cool:

Originally posted by KCBox
That only without the template. You can't make photo album book, slideshow, web page etc...

CD-ROM come with 235MB size.:cool:

I was wondering also, why the one that I downloaded from Kazza has no album book, slide show. Is it because that one is a trial version? If the additional feature is good, I am thinking of buying it. Anyone know comp shop carry this program?

Originally posted by hentaitic
then download from Kazaa laa! Free summore!
Only 74,816KB!!!

HeHeHe!!!

Its still is an unlicense copy!

Status
Not open for further replies.