Adobe Lightroom 2 - Export Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

moodyfly

Jun 25, 2008
I am using Adobe Lightroom 2 beta 30-day trial version.

I tried to convert a photo into grayscale. The converted copy looks fine in adobe lightroom but after i export it looks totally different from what i see in lightroom.. I tried 3 types of color space: sRGB, adobe RGB and Prophoto RGB..

Anyone can help? ThANKS in advance!

I have this porblem before. With Version2 it's gone. Are u using spyder for ur screen??? if so lightroom 2 do let u choose other profiles other than the sRGB, adobe RGB and Prophoto RGB..

I have this porblem before. With Version2 it's gone. Are u using spyder for ur screen??? if so lightroom 2 do let u choose other profiles other than the sRGB, adobe RGB and Prophoto RGB..

no i do not use spyder.. so this is the reason?

can you provide screen caps on the differences? what "differences" are you referring to? Where are you viewing the exported file?

My last experience was that in Lightroom the picture will look more vivid, after converted to Jpeg the color like losing the contrast, this would happen to black and white picture also (less black), but I have change the profile in lightroom...now solved

can you provide screen caps on the differences? what "differences" are you referring to? Where are you viewing the exported file?

here they are:

-Original picture:
2783707794_94076bf4f2.jpg

-in adobe lightroom
2783707170_38b31f6daa.jpg

-after export
2782854205_51e75bc9c2.jpg

so the cause is calibration not done? anyone?

Are you still using the beta version? if so, download the released version. I had similar problems with earlier versions, but was fixed in the released version.

Are you still using the beta version? if so, download the released version. I had similar problems with earlier versions, but was fixed in the released version.

Thanks for your reply! I will try it out later

i just tried the released version. still got problem...

Wow, you lost all split toning... I've done *a lot* of B&W from LR 1.0 to 2.0 and I haven't seen this happen before.

I've searched high and low as to how this could happen but couldn't find any reason... There isn't a "grayscale" export option in LR, only RGB. Sorry dude.

The reason is that the default working colorspace of lightroom is Adobe RGB, windows and the web used sRGB... therefore will not look the same. Try to work in sRGB right away to elliminate this problem.

You can't work in sRGB (nor aRGB) in Lightroom as it defaults to ProPhoto.

You can only set the output file colorspace (a/s/Prophoto) RGB during export.

You can't work in sRGB (nor aRGB) in Lightroom as it defaults to ProPhoto.

You can only set the output file colorspace (a/s/Prophoto) RGB during export.

Not entirely sure about all this, but I'm running a MacBook Pro 2.2GHz on OS 10.5.3, with Lr2's trial installed. The display is set to sRGB with white point D65 and TV gamma. No problems from Lr to exporting. Colours are accurate; what I see in Lr is what I get at the final JPG. I haven't tested prints so not entirely sure.

I got a question on LR
how come when i export my photos the resolution become 72?

file settings: jpeg / quality:100
image settings: SRGB / 300 pixels per inch

anyone knows ?

I got a question on LR
anyone knows ?
resolution is meaningless! Why? resolution is dots per inch or cm. A photo file per se has no length, just pixels. So if you show it on your screen which has 72ppi it will show the pic in a certain size, if you have a monitor with 144ppi then the pic will be half size. The file has not changed. The 72ppi you see are probably the monitor resolution

I got a question on LR

anyone knows ?

Under Lightroom 1, go to the Export dialog box. Look under Image Settings for the preset you're interested in. You can change the ppi setting there, but as has been pointed out, that setting is meaningless, though some applications will use that setting for placing your image on a page (I think MS Word uses it to scale your image to fit in a document.

I'm very curious about the TS's problem - any one has any more thoughts?

Under Lightroom 1, go to the Export dialog box. Look under Image Settings for the preset you're interested in. You can change the ppi setting there, but as has been pointed out, that setting is meaningless, though some applications will use that setting for placing your image on a page (I think MS Word uses it to scale your image to fit in a document.
I'm very curious about the TS's problem - any one has any more thoughts?

regarding TS problem, could TS provide raw file and xmp file... that would allow for some testing

Status
Not open for further replies.