Adobe Camera RAW : wow but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Java_Guru

Feb 3, 2002
Visit site
Hi All,

anyone using the above plug in yet for their photoshop 7? I've been testing the RAW conversion. All I get say is that the speed is amazing and the colors darn good compared to Canon's convertor and even breezebrowser.

However, I can't seem to behave like a batch process /action with it. Anyone knows how to implement it as an action yet?

Rgds.

Lionel

hi
check this movie here from adobe's website

Originally posted by popup
hi
check this movie here from adobe's website

It's Russell Brown alright. The guy know Photoshop since version 0.9 (when it's shipped with Barney Scan). He is great teacher and entertainer! Remember he doesn't like PC at all... :devil:

P.S. Never seen version 0.9 before, the first version I ever seen was 1.0.7

US$99 for a 2.7MB file?!! daylight robbery... !!!

is there any other application or program that i can use to perform the same action? :)

Originally posted by Java_Guru
Hi All,

anyone using the above plug in yet for their photoshop 7? I've been testing the RAW conversion. All I get say is that the speed is amazing and the colors darn good compared to Canon's convertor and even breezebrowser.

However, I can't seem to behave like a batch process /action with it. Anyone knows how to implement it as an action yet?

Rgds.

Lionel

I agree, i also find the colour of adobe camera raw much pleasing to my eye compare to nikon capture 3.5.

Originally posted by mrbunglez
US$99 for a 2.7MB file?!! daylight robbery... !!!

is there any other application or program that i can use to perform the same action? :)

Wait for the next version of Photoshop loh, it should be built in.

To highlight, the speed and response on the preview is at least 3-5x faster with the Adobe Camera RAW compared to others.

The about software had been post out full download some time ago.;p

This adobe Raw plugin seriously speeds up my raw editing and conversion workflow.

Previously with Nikon Capture 3.51, my cpu was working like hell just switching from a simple compensation stepup or down. But now with this adobe plugin, raw file editing experience has been enhanced.

But of course, if you own a super fast pentium 4 or a xeon config, nikon capture 3 will still be as smooth.

My current PC is only a PIII 600mhz. :embrass:

Urm where can I get this RAW plugin? Do you folks mean to say with it, I can convert nikon REF (RAW) images into tiff or jpgs?

Originally posted by espn
Urm where can I get this RAW plugin? Do you folks mean to say with it, I can convert nikon REF (RAW) images into tiff or jpgs?

It converts all popular RAW formats including canon and nikon ones...

faster and better than their native ones.

it is worth every penny because Adobe didn't base their converter on any of the RAW, NEF or other SDKs (partially to avoid paying royalties maybe?).

It is all from the ground up and optimized. a very polished piece of programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.