Adobe Camera Raw help!

PUrePLS

Dec 20, 2010
Hi guys, tried to google but to no avail. First time shooting in RAW format and was trying to edit my photos using Camera Raw software. After I'm done with editing, as I try to save as jpeg, the edits I had done is not reflecting. Tried saving as psd as well but it isn't working. Any kind souls know what's the problem here? Thank you!

are you sure you selected the images in camera raw? for example, if you did indeed saved it as .psd, there should be an accompanying .xmp file reflecting the edits

What camera software is it? Do you use the latest version? How does the exported jpg looks like?
Describe your workflow and maybe we can spot the error.

I got the same problem on lightroom 6. The jpeg photo looks more flat than the photo shown in lightroom6.

is there a lightroom 6? now?

Sorry typo. lightroom 5

No sure if TS is using lightroom but it was said to have a bud on 5.0 version. Not sure if they have a updated version or not.

From Adobe,
Noise Reduction and Sharpening Not Visible on export
As mentioned here, a bug was introduced in Lightroom 5.0 where files exported at less than 1/3 of their original size may not retain Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction settings. We are working on a solution and will include it in our next update.

Here a link to Adobe forum taking about this issues
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1229132?start=0&tstart=0

Mob please delete if cant post link.
Thanks

Last edited:
are you sure you selected the images in camera raw? for example, if you did indeed saved it as .psd, there should be an accompanying .xmp file reflecting the edits

I saw the .xmp file. How does that works? The photo that I try to save turned out pretty flat(be it jpeg or psd) comparing to the one I view from Camera Raw.

I tried editing another photo and clicked on the 'save as' button at bottom left to jpeg. Apparently that photo turns out okay.

Sorry typo. lightroom 5
No sure if TS is using lightroom but it was said to have a bud on 5.0 version. Not sure if they have a updated version or not.
Version 5.2 should take care of this: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/09/lightroom-5-2-now-available.html

Here a link to Adobe forum taking about this issues
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1229132?start=0&tstart=0
Mob please delete if cant post link.
You can post links .. but it's a Mod :)

I saw the .xmp file. How does that works? The photo that I try to save turned out pretty flat(be it jpeg or psd) comparing to the one I view from Camera Raw.

I tried editing another photo and clicked on the 'save as' button at bottom left to jpeg. Apparently that photo turns out okay.

as some members have said, do post more detailed info for us to help..otherwise, follow these steps exactly and there's no reason why your edits won't show:

1.do your edits in camera raw
2.click on 'select all' in the upper left
3. click on 'save images' in the lower left
4.in save options, set destination as 'new location'
5. select a NEW folder to save your edited images
6. check your edited images in the new folder.

Last edited:
as some members have said, do post more detailed info for us to help..otherwise, follow these steps exactly and there's no reason why your edits won't show:

1.do your edits in camera raw
2.click on 'select all' in the upper left
3. click on 'save images' in the lower left
4.in save options, set destination as 'new location'
5. select a NEW folder to save your edited images
6. check your edited images in the new folder.

Okay let me explain the steps I did:
1. Open the file in camera raw
2. Do those editings
3. Clicked on the 'save as' button at bottom left

To further explain, I've attached an image with the preview I saw in camera raw and the jpeg saved. The one shown in camera raw looks sharper, especially at the background.
vhbb.jpg