Adobe Camera Raw DETAIL TAB (With Picture Attached)

knpan

May 2, 2006
Singapore
Hi mates, i am not really good in post processing, i am using Potoshop CS5 Camera raw 6.0, wat settings should i use normally in the DETAIL TAB?

wat settings in Camera Raw usuallt ? last time i use CS4 Amount set to 150 max, but now cs5, if put at 150, its too oversharpned and the pixels denisty too much, thus when reducing noise later, got quite a number of bad show of luminance left. What i do is i reduce noise later in the CS5 Filter -> then hisory brush the subject so that it gains back sharpness.

The rest under detail bar i dont touch, only Amount bar. I do know and tried Pushing the Luminance bar to the max (Reduce the the maximum luminance noise away very nicely and smoothly, even at high ISO like ISO2000 on a d300, u cant really see Noise at all, thats what we want, but then the subject details will be gone too. So how do i counter that ? As said in the 2nd paragraph.

Tips and advice from Noise experts please share

123321.jpg

cheers

Last edited:
I prefer to leave the USM (sharpening) at the end of the PP workflow. So I will not sharpen the image in Camera Raw. Some will add - Amount: 100 -150, Radius: 0.3 - 0.5, and Detail: 25 - 50 to compensate for the softness of digital images.

As for the Noise Reduction, there is no magic number. You need to eyeball it accordingly

i understand you prefer to Use Filter -> USM at the later stage, so the whole picture wont be affected the pixel density, but i tried that before, the picture comes out unnatural, like Half soft and half sharp, that is 1 of the main concern