Adobe/Apple Relationship Takes A Turn For The Worst

Well, if Steve Jobs likes screwing himself then he is more than welcome to do it.

Well, if Steve Jobs likes screwing himself then he is more than welcome to do it.

Steve Jobs been doing that for decades. And every time he gets bailed out, he goes back to his old habits.

People talk about the "Microsoft Monopoly" but Apple has proven itself to be much worse despite being so much smaller.

Steve Jobs been doing that for decades. And every time he gets bailed out, he goes back to his old habits.

People talk about the "Microsoft Monopoly" but Apple has proven itself to be much worse despite being so much smaller.
SONY failed miserably with the Betamax, Microsoft failed, can Apple succeed? :think:

Apple's really going down the path of Microsoft.. I was quite impressed with apple when Steve said they value customers feedback.. and work on what customers commented and what they would like to have on their product..

But looks like it's the other way round.. guess what.. instead of working with adobe to fix the flash crashes, they end up blacklisting them.. it's stupid.. :confused:

That's how I feel about Apple now.. :bsmilie:

They value customer feedback? Haha.. what a joke..

Just look at the iPhone. No bluetooth (in practical terms, file transfers etc..), No external storage (microSD etc..), limited media capability (no support for real video, wmv), no option to adjust any camera settings (WB, ISO, whatever), plus many more handicaps. And in Apple forum, seems like 1 of the common reply from the forumers is "if you must have something else, then don't buy an iPhone".

Steve said they value customers feedback.. and work on what customers commented and what they would like to have on their product..

Last edited:
haha.. isn't that why we are having this thread of complain?? haha.. :)

They value customer feedback? Haha.. what a joke..

Just look at the iPhone. No bluetooth (in practical terms, file transfers etc..), No external storage (microSD etc..), limited media capability (no support for real video, wmv), no option to adjust any camera settings (WB, ISO, whatever), plus many more handicaps. And in Apple forum, seems like 1 of the common reply from the forumers is "if you must have something else, then don't buy an iPhone".
and cannot remove the battery, built in.

if any problem with battery so mar fun, cannot just buy a new battery and replace. :p

well.. they are coming up with a remove-able iphone and removeable batt for the new 1.. so.. let's just see.. haha..

one thing i have to agree with Jobs... Flash is a CPU hog.

no option to adjust any camera settings (WB, ISO, whatever)

Seriously? I use a really old phone and have no idea what is the industry standard currently but the recent camera phone allows these thing? Maybe its time for me to upgrade :think:

Despite the complains, they are selling damn well. I know of maybe 2 people among my circle of friends who don't own a iphone or ipod touch. Even the guys who were using phones with black and white screens have upgraded. :bsmilie:

Funny how they're not mentioning all the things Adobe have done to start the confrontation years ago.

• Framemaker for Mac was dropped.
  • Premiere, the video editing software was languishing, and when they introduced Premiere Pro, it was Windows only. Apple had been buying companies and introduced Final Cut Pro.
  • Adobe applications still do not run correctly on Mac OS X for the very simplest of things like using 0.0 % CPU when idle.
  • Flash is a pig on platforms other than Windows. Actually, it's a pig on Windows, too, but not as bad because they've spent more time developing it for Windows than Mac OS X or Linux/*BSD.
  • Photoshop Elements releases on Mac OS X are sporadic and really late.

The problems with Flash aren't new, just the problems with its corporate evangelist. Plenty of people outside the Mac world are advocating dropping Flash.

Adobe is just as arrogant as Apple or Microsoft. It should be interesting to see how it escalates.

Not sure what's the industrial standard but almost every phone I used before that has camera function allows WB adjustments, night shot option(=longer shutter), and picture size, to say the least.

On the part that they are selling well, that's quite true. But apparently from the apple forums there are many user who discovered the limitations like no bluetooth only after they bought it. Frankly, who would have expect a high-end/high tech phone to be so crippled as missing a basic phone function.... and file transfer to/from computer to phone via bluetooth to be impossible.

Seriously? I use a really old phone and have no idea what is the industry standard currently but the recent camera phone allows these thing? Maybe its time for me to upgrade :think:

Despite the complains, they are selling damn well. I know of maybe 2 people among my circle of friends who don't own a iphone or ipod touch. Even the guys who were using phones with black and white screens have upgraded. :bsmilie:

i hope apple goes bankrupt, then we won't see all the yyppy kids using macbook and looking so excited that OMG I AM SO COOL I USING MACBOOK WHEE WHEE

for dedicated camera phones, i.e. phones which tout themselves as camera being main feature, definitely can.

even some non-dedicated also can.

things like the sony ericsson k series should be having this function?

anyways, most of my friends don't use iphone.

i hope apple goes bankrupt, then we won't see all the yyppy kids using macbook and looking so excited that OMG I AM SO COOL I USING MACBOOK WHEE WHEE

macbook is overrated. mac os is hardly anywhere amazing when windows 7 actually manages to for once take into account of sleek in its design. also, which professional multimedia team dun use adobe? personally i feel adobe is probably the biggest player in the digital/multimedia industry and i'm happy to be a adobe user haha.

as for apple. iphone was a craze. yet no bluetooth file sharing, fixed battery, 32gb max memory that is nt expandable... well....

put it beside my htc hd2. its puny, less powerful, i have expandable memory, removable battery, DUAL LED FLASH LIGHTS (zomg I GOT FLASH), widerscreen. blah blah blah.
ppl just got suckered into the iphone craze. tats all.

apple is sleek. but apple without adobe isnt going anywhere. wont be surprised flash will go back to apple. after jobs starts begging adobe.

Last edited:
that's why i'm looking forward to the incredible more than the 4g.

Haha.. they can upgrade the body.. the CPU.. the screens and etc.. but what they really need, is to add additional USB ports.. freaking need more sia!!! haha.. ;)

macbook is overrated. mac os is hardly anywhere amazing when windows 7 actually manages to for once take into account of sleek in its design. also, which professional multimedia team dun use adobe? personally i feel adobe is probably the biggest player in the digital/multimedia industry and i'm happy to be a adobe user haha.

as for apple. iphone was a craze. yet no bluetooth, fixed battery, 32gb max memory that is nt expandable... well....

put it beside my htc hd2. its puny, less powerful, i have expandable memory, removable battery, DUAL LED FLASH LIGHTS (zomg I GOT FLASH), widerscreen. blah blah blah.
ppl just got suckered into the iphone craze. tats all.

apple is sleek. but apple without adobe isnt going anywhere. wont be surprised flash will go back to apple. after jobs starts begging adobe.

Don think flash is coming to 4g.. adobe is thinking of sue-ing apple.. details not really out yet.. but i guess it's almost a go.. after steve's line at keynote..

"Adobe is rubbish"

haha.. doubt it's coming..

that's why i'm looking forward to the incredible more than the 4g.