Admiring the View

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueayz

Nov 19, 2004
Eastnorth
Magnificent_View.jpg

Was trying to capture the sunrise at Punggol with a group of friends, and took a few photos. I liked this one the most as it had a very surreal feel to it. The landscape looked almost backdrop-like to me. The mirrored river and the glowing clouds, contrasting against the dark corridor appealed to me. Picture has no pp done.

CnC please. TIA.

the bird flying in the sky is a distraction. i mean, it is ok to be there, but it will be a better shot, if it wasn't there. :thumbsup:

the bird flying in the sky is a distraction. i mean, it is ok to be there, but it will be a better shot, if it wasn't there. :thumbsup:

I have a similar picture without the bird, but the sky felt empty to me on the right. Also I thought it would add an expression of freedom and serenity within nature. But I think the bird does seem to be too centred and distracts the viewer from the main picture like you said. Maybe the placement of the bird could be improved. Or maybe without the bird.

Thank you for your comment and suggestion.

there is some potential here to improve but for me, the lack of sharpness is a major concern. the background blur is still acceptable but the foreground also, it does not work for me.

also, you are taking against the sun so inevitably the foreground will be underexposed. you have to decide between properly exposing the foreground (if that is your intent to show the person) or reducing him to a silhouette.

hmm. i feel it will be more surreal without the person in the pict.
hahas :) personal opinion la. different people have different preferences :D

babykailan> I guess the picture could be sharper. Actually this picture was saved from my fotopage and uploaded into the Clubsnap gallery, hence maybe not sharp due to quality degradation. Will find the original, scale it and repost when I reach home. I was also using manual focus cos was using a half ND4 and my cam couldn't AF with that filter on. Am still practising my manual focus.
Exposure wise will try to work on that. Was a bit greedy and had wanted to expose to see a bit of everything. :sweat:

berisshock> I have that picture too with just the landscape and corridor. Took lots of shots that day because of the gorgeous view. Will provide links to it when I upload the originals.

Del_CtrlnoAlt> Didn't notice the slanted horizon. Noted.

Thank you all for your constructive inputs. :D Deeply appreciated.

step back, underexpose a little to turn the person into a silhoutte and (although not entirely in your hands) wait for the skies to turn into that lovely shade of pink, red and purple. looking at the amount of clouds, that would have been the end results.

thanks.

step back, underexpose a little to turn the person into a silhoutte and (although not entirely in your hands) wait for the skies to turn into that lovely shade of pink, red and purple. looking at the amount of clouds, that would have been the end results.

thanks.

Thanks for the tip. Will try to capture that moment you mentioned. Didn't notice it that day.

hmmm ..... very very nice photo :)

personal preference. :) I somewhat prefer the person not to be in the picture.
Your picture has a very nice leading line, which is the river, which leads all the way to the centre of the picture (horizon), but somehow, it makes me feel lil uncomfortable when the head kinda blocked the path along the way.

just personal preference :) Hope u don't mind.

Ah, I would find an angle where the reflections in the water are parallel to the railing, would make it more interesting.

Otherwise, nothing much to comment I guess, would prefer both foreground and background to be fully seen.. Perhaps do HDR?

Status
Not open for further replies.