Representing rental potentials?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenele

Apr 13, 2005
Dover Cl East
camerarental.biz
Been wondering for quite some time now, how to add on to my cameral rental service, I already posses the D70 which surprizing doing a roaring business but the S3pro is like sitting on the shelves, so what is you next recomendation?

leica rangefinder with a normal lens?

for pp who wish to try out the "legend" but cannot afford to own one ?

since used leica hold their value quite well,should be a safe bet.

the Xpan II cost about 5k new in singapore,about 4k elsewhere.

Xpan 1st edition cost about 2k used.

D2X!!! D200!!! :p

The reson for not renting ur S3pro is due to the cos and never use fuji camera before.

Maybe D70s can be more popular cos its cheaper !

Personally i would like to rent a cheap but 'pro' camera like D70s.

D2x also can try if i have the extra cash.

Maybe a pro film body? Many ppl here already have dSLR body, but may want to use film once in a blue moon, and dont want to buy film body because the depreciation cost is too fast.

Get a few more D70 and rent it out. Alternatively promote it as a backup body. A lot of pple use the D70 for weddings, events etc. Simply, if the camera is returned and an examination of the shutter count shows that it is NOT used at all, then the rental fee is lowered ( eg from $80 to $30). It's advantageous because
1) if pple dun use, less lilihood that it will be spoiled, no wear and tear
2) pple WOULD like a backup if its reasonably cheap. Paying eg, $20 to ensure that u have a peace of mind knowing u have a backup sound cheap to anyone. If die die have to use backup, i'm sure the person will not mind paying the higher price , like $80
Find a threshold price.A day it is rented, the more u earn

It's mass appeal vs specific appeal. The odd guy now and then will want a S3pro or a D2X, but frankly, not many wants it. Pple might want to try it occassioanlly, but then, the investment is not worth it. Leica? Even worse and if i rent it from you...i'll be well tempted to disappear for good.

You can also rent battery packs!! Rent out the CPE-3 or CPE-2 for canon flashes ( nikon system got or not? i not sure..). I'm sure many pple wants one for those occassional weddings we take for friends.

Lightings? Portable backdrops? These might be good for pple who want to try to set up a one time studio at home (perhaps for some artistic shots)

One other thing might be a good film scanner. Scanning cost $6-$10 a roll at labs. Rent it out for a day and that fellow can scanned in all his past negatives. To someone who shoots a lot of film, renting a film scanner is cheaper.

Ya, tat's all my idea for you. When got lobang for me to shoot again? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.