Ada

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
any body knows what ADA (air defence artillery) is all about? just been posted there

SADA, Singapore Air Defence Artillery.

Anti Aircraft Guns, Rapier, I-Hawk, RBS and Radar.... in another word, shoot aircraft.

Enjoy your tour of duty there, i did.

Cheers,

It's e worst place in the air force .... haha most garang one...

most garang? :think: carry missile run around only what..

hahaa
most siong unit in airforce ..

It's e worst place in the air force .... haha most garang one...

worst place in the air force because ADA use to be under Artillery when they were using the 20mm guns mounted on an armoured veh. In the late 70s/early 80s they cross over to the Air Force when they started using anti aircarft missiles. The Air force never really accepted ADA personnals ( they still think of ADA as land force/army guys ) and the fact that ADA units are runned and trained very much like the army adds to the belives.

Hope this helps

so what i heard is true... okay... just realised i'm not posted to ada..yet...going to the airforce school first...so it's either ada or fds...

anyway...at least i don't have to chiong outfield..right? any over seas excercise?

worst place in the air force because ADA use to be under Artillery when they were using the 20mm guns mounted on an armoured veh. In the late 70s/early 80s they cross over to the Air Force when they started using anti aircarft missiles. The Air force never really accepted ADA personnals ( they still think of ADA as land force/army guys ) and the fact that ADA units are runned and trained very much like the army adds to the belives.

Hope this helps
SADA takes charge of anti-air defenses and think abt it. When one's in the Air Force, ppl would usually conjure up images of Top Gun and garang fighters doing dogfights and BVR Kills with AMRAAM and Sidewinders.

The last thing anyone would think of are ppl in the Air Force that are trained to take down the very thing that the Air Force symbolises - Planes. :bsmilie:

so what i heard is true... okay... just realised i'm not posted to ada..yet...going to the airforce school first...so it's either ada or fds...

anyway...at least i don't have to chiong outfield..right? any over seas excercise?
AFS is the training ground/school, still go outfield. Anyway, training in SAF/RSAF has toned down so much, not siong anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.