AD wedding, bride or Bride groom house first.

Which house first for AD shoot?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenele

Apr 13, 2005
Dover Cl East
camerarental.biz
Sometimes I'm told to go to the bride house and sometimes to groom house, would like to know which house you go to first when taking AD shoot.

Both are just as interesting. I've done weddings whereby I go to the groom's place first. E videographer at the bride's house. Vice versa as well.

U'll go like...."Oh...so this is wad usually goes on at the groom's house!".... V cute esp when the mum nags at the groom.... :bsmilie:

kenele said:
Is there an industry standard? :bsmilie: .Thxs.

I thought of this too. But from the last 2 cousins' wedding, i noticed both the photographer stay in bride's house.

For Chinese customary wedding, if only happen to have one photographer, defiantly will go to the bride’s parents house, the one important ritual is the parents put the veil for the bride before the arrival of the groom.

Hmmm, that's odd, but the groom side is paying rite, so, better go to where the money is rite? :bsmilie:

Guess what catchlights said is right. Must shoot the important one between the 2. Well, you can always said the groom dotes on the bride, so let the photographer stay with her. ;p

Best is at the bride house.
Take the pics of the bride makeup, the whole process, with her parents.

n before the merc come with the groom, ask the groom or bro to call the photographer to come down take snapshots of bros, groom as well as the opening of the merc door by the kid. Cover almost everything.

If in the groom house, nothing interesting.

If the groom asks me to go to his parents’ house first, I will check with him is his bride a local, is her parents with her?

Than explain to him about the ritual, if he still prefers me to stay with him, just do whatever he says.

Even the for the those very Ang Mo Pie church wedding, (the groom and the bride will go to church separately) the photographers will still goes to the bride’s parents house.

1. Always the bride.
2. If groom wants you to go his side. Explain to him the SOP.
3. He demands....just go his side.
4. Anything goes wrong. Say it's groom's fault

:bsmilie:

Alway please the bride's as your future bussiness depend on her good words. Brides is the one that is most particular about the shots. That was my experience doing my first wedding.

haagen_dazs said:
i apologize...
what is AD.
maybe i am not catching some code words you used...

In Singapore when a couple wishes to purchase government subsidized housing (aka HDB flats, Housing Development Board) under their names as husband and wife, they need to produce the certificate of marriage.

So many of them chose to have the marriage solemnization (aka ROM, Registry of Marriage) done before the Chinese traditional customary wedding (aka AD wedding, Actual Day Wedding).

Hope this help.

catchlights said:
In Singapore when a couple wishes to purchase government subsidized housing (aka HDB flats, Housing Development Board) under their names as husband and wife, they need to produce the certificate of marriage.

So many of them chose to have the marriage solemnization (aka ROM, Registry of Marriage) done before the Chinese traditional customary wedding (aka AD wedding, Actual Day Wedding).

Hope this help.

Only ROM without AD can?

Sion said:
Only ROM without AD can?
Can, why not,

After the Solemnizer signed on your certificate of marriage and declare you and your partner are husband and wife in the eye of the law of Singapore. You are already legally marriage.

catchlights said:
Can, why not,

After the Solemnizer signed on your certificate of marriage and declare you and your partner are husband and wife in the eye of the law of Singapore. You are already legally marriage.

I mean ROM only marriages sure save lots of money. :)

Sion said:
I mean ROM only marriages sure save lots of money. :)
During 70's lot of s'porean couples go honeymoon tour after ROM, no customary and dinner, just a post an announcement of marriage on news paper.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.