AD Wedding #4: Share share

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
All those great wedding photographers out there, please come in and share tips for taking better pics, things to avoid, things that must bring, weird experience to tell, please come in and share.;)

I start, i always ensure myself to clear away shoes in front of doors, cos never want my groom and myself to be tripped over by those sister's high heeds.

can i put my name down first ??? i dun want to waste 5 years....

List of names to tag along the masters.....Catchlights, Enchanted and smurfman..

1) Nikonsiao
2)
3)
4)

nikonsiao said:
can i put my name down first ??? i dun want to waste 5 years....

List of names to tag along the masters.....Catchlights, Enchanted and smurfman..

1) Nikonsiao
2)
3)
4)

Nikonsio,

I think you should put your name in the Wedding Masters list (not in order of S$XXX,XXX annual income earned):

1.Catchlights
2.Enchanted
3.Smurfman
4.Image Pro
5.Nikonsio

oh no share tips become like that..................:bigeyes:

I am willing to learn. Any gurus need freshmen for this sat and sunday wedding, Please PM me.

I would like to tag along to learn more, dont mind carrying the bag for you.

Back to the threat:
Bring calender of the month in case cant find a calender in the bride house. Chinese tradition ones with the day big big printed.

And check ur battery of the flash.

Personal experience from my sister wedding.

Out from the cave…..

fatjp said:
I would like to tag along to learn more, dont mind carrying the bag for you.

Back to the threat:
Bring calender of the month in case cant find a calender in the bride house. Chinese tradition ones with the day big big printed.

And check ur battery of the flash.

Personal experience from my sister wedding.

Yes, good tip, can use news paper also, but becareful about that day headline..

Back to the cave again….

hmmm.... i tink its a good thing to be able to speak hokkien...else during dinner all the ah ma's dun understand u....

and its good to be v vocal...if u're too quiet....when arranging ppl u have prob man....

most impt is to get to know the bride and groom's fwens....and DO A GOOD JOB....coz u do it well....their fwens will get married sooner or later and u know who the photographer is gg to be then...

cheerx.

First thing first, i am in no way any Guru, so to speak .... i am just a poor artist, surviving and living on a simple Faith and personal Believe. :embrass:

For those wanna tag along, yes, there will be opportunities ...

For my small contribution to this Thread :

Always disciplined to have your "Equipments Check" the Night before the wedding day job.
- go thru battery strenght indicator, and replace batteries, even if it show half-strength
- Check your CCD for any traces of Dust and spots ( Same goes to your lens )
- Setup your cameras and flashes and fire 2 shots and check your LCD previews ( for any faults )
- water-proofs & shock-proofs your CF Cards ( Back-ups & Spares ).
- Set two alarm clocks, at 20-mins intervals, for your wake-up calls ( if one fails )

Simple procedures, but might save your life and career One day, you never know :sweat:

- - - -

go to toilet before long photoshoot.

dun think very nice to take photos half way, want to go toilet.

Enchanted, yes....i can ID with you on equipment check. Nearly screwed up once when i already brushed my teeth and happy happy went to bed at 11PM, but last min did an equipment check. Found out that my 2GB CF card was left in the office! Bo bian, have to dash back to office, luckily it is just 30 minutes away. Ended sleeping at only 12.30AM and had to pop in sleeping pills because the brain was all charged up and was afraid that i could not sleep.... :embrass: Next day pretty shag, of course.

Imagine if i did my equipment check at 6AM.

don't any how put your camera down, becarefull.

always sling on shoulders, cos you may miss the best moments of a shoot if your camera is a distance away.

2100 said:
Enchanted, yes....i can ID with you on equipment check. Nearly screwed up once when i already brushed my teeth and happy happy went to bed at 11PM, but last min did an equipment check. Found out that my 2GB CF card was left in the office! Bo bian, have to dash back to office, luckily it is just 30 minutes away. Ended sleeping at only 12.30AM and had to pop in sleeping pills because the brain was all charged up and was afraid that i could not sleep.... :embrass: Next day pretty shag, of course.

Imagine if i did my equipment check at 6AM.

lucky man:)

Sion said:
Nikonsio,

I think you should put your name in the Wedding Masters list (not in order of S$XXX,XXX annual income earned):

1.Catchlights
2.Enchanted
3.Smurfman
4.Image Pro
5.Nikonsio

Dun make the PROs laugh till they flip okie... since when i inside the wedding masters list?

Seriously, if there are PROs who are willing to share, please bring me along. i will tag along quietly and help in whatever ways i can..... PM me.....

i still will put my name down for the masters to contact me.... ie, Catchlights,Enchanted,Smurfman,Pro image and JOHO.....

1) nikonsiao
2)

this is how sincere i am....

me also wanna tag along and learn...

anyway, from a relative's wedding i went, must tell the person whose driving the groom over to give you advance warning.. if not everything will be very jam packed..

bride make up haven finish, the kid whose supposed to open door haven reach, groom wait downstairs too long.. :bsmilie:

smurfman said:

I start, i always ensure myself to clear away shoes in front of doors, cos never want my groom and myself to be tripped over by those sister's high heeds.
you don't have to do this yourself, I'll tell the sisters, to prevent people step and damage thier shoes and also don't want the brothers do funny things about their shoes, please keep it inside the house.

catchlights said:
Better hide myself some where….[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]:flush:
Don't hide. I'm booking u for ur next AD Wedding appointment as ur apprentice. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.