AD-120 from Digihub: problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjayc

Feb 18, 2007
Hi,
I got Ad 120 few months back from digihub and am using it in India. I have set it to 7 O clock and the reading was at 55% when I started and its goin below 40%. The current reading is 35%. I have tried different settings and its always going below 40%. I have not tried point C yet. At
10 0 ' clock position, I got a reading of 24%. When I turned it to intersection of A and B, it dropped to 25 within a few hrs from 53%.

Is this normal? I initially kept it empty and then filled up the cabinet with photo equipment as per the suggestion from distributor.

He also suggested removing cardboard cases of accessories as they absorb more moisture. still having problem. Has anyone had any similar problem?

Thanks in Advance

The humidity level could be much lower than SGP, so you will not get the same humidity reading like you do in SGP at the same adjustment.

You can try with the power off to take the reading, seem like the humidity level during this dry period does not require a dry cabinet at all.;p

Erm. For camera gear I thought the optimum humidity would be around 40-50%? Any lower and it will affect the rubber parts or something. There should be a green light at the back that changes brightness as you turn the knob. The dimmer the light, the less "dehumidification" there is.

India is a big country, may be you should find out what is the environmental RH. If it is around 55% then you don't need a dehumidifier. According to the Instruction Manual, AD120 uses a 8 watts instead of 4watts like the 100l, so does it comes with 1 or 2 controllers? If it is 2 controllers, if you want to switch off 1 and see the effect. 8 watts can drive up to 300l cabinet, so it will be very powerful for a 120l cabinet.

Hi,
thanks for the reply. As per manual AD 120 uses 5W . It has one controller. News report says external humidity is 93%. I have observed a maximum of 74% in my room. After removing the dehumidification unit, its showing 60% RH in my room . The room is ventilated without AC

With the unit in place and door closed, it was showing 52% and when I set to counterclockwise extreme (point A - starting), it dropped to 28% in a day.

I am in chennai, and the city is adjoining the coast.

thx for all the responses

Status
Not open for further replies.