Actual working S3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdivider

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
fushiafb25.JPG

full link to article

Hmm, i have no idea why you post this thread for.

S3 come out liao mah? Do you know the price..

The samples look real. Dynamic range seems extremely good for such high contrast scenes, but fine details seem to be soft/lacking. Seems filtered.....

Zerstorer said:
The samples look real. Dynamic range seems extremely good for such high contrast scenes, but fine details seem to be soft/lacking. Seems filtered.....

I checked the exif, Its using 6MP fine jpeg. However there is a distinct feeling of neatimage inside. Aggressive noise reduction to overcome noise generated by the SR sensor?

Zerstorer said:

i agree with u that the dynamic range or the latitude has increased.
GOOD!
:thumbsup:

Wait for the experts' reviews first...

Our eyes might be playing a trick on us by looking at all these sample pics...I would prefer a side by side comparison between various DSLR and most imptly, against flim.

xdivider said:
I checked the exif, Its using 6MP fine jpeg. However there is a distinct feeling of neatimage inside. Aggressive noise reduction to overcome noise generated by the SR sensor?

I would expect sensor technology improvements to offset any additional noise generated by the dual sensor arrangement, if they failed in this area then its bad news...these are supposedly ISO100 shots, aggressive NR should not be required.

So far, these samples are only good at showing its ability in traditional high contrast scenes which would cause problems to other cameras. However, in terms of colour, resolution...they seem somewhat lacklustre.

Perhaps later samples will be better.....

Our monitors are actually quite lacking in actual bit-depth presentation. The best check of the improved dynamic range is probably downloading a real sample (unedited, recompressed, whatever) and sending into an FDI machine with no balancing. Alternatively, we can get a RAW, process it with a push 2 stops and another with a pull 2 stops and send to print. If the gradients are still smooth and without banding, then it'll be conclusive that the dynamic range sensitivity has improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.