Actual Day Wedding Photography Course @ Stanley Lim Colour Centre 11th Intake 5th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Image

Oct 31, 2003
Last planet from the sun
Stanley Lim Colour Centre is opening the 11th intake for the Actual Wedding Day Photography Course on 5th November 2004 as there are too many photographers asking. As we see and increase number of wedding nowadays, couples preference is to look for professional photogaphers to cover their event. What better way than to learn it from a professional who is willing to share his experience.

This is a brief outline of the course.

Total 8 lessons
Lesson 1 - Photography Basics
Lesson 2 - Wedding Day Workflow
Lesson 3 - Flash Techniques (Film is supplied for SLR users)
Lesson 4 - Equipment Maintenance (Guest talk)
Lesson 5 - Outdoor Photo Shoots theory (How to balance your flash with natural lighting)
Lesson 6 - Outdoor shoot (Practical Film is supplied for SLR users)
Lesson 7 - Indoor Techniques (Studio)
Lesson 8 - Studio Shoot (Practical)

Time and Venue
The opening for the 11th intake is on a Friday from 8-10 pm but usually the class will end later than the expected timing. For some students who may miss some lessons due to unforseen circumstances, we will be glad to replace those classes at no additional cost!
Venue @ Midlink Plaza #02-03/04 122 Middle Road

Cost
The cost of this course is $350 which includes 2 practical shoots, both indoor and outdoor.

Equipments
Stanley will give some tips and pointers on the camera & flash you are using. In addition, he will advise on the model & brand that will be useful to you.

Completion of the course!
After the students completes the course, they are more than welcome to drop by @SLCC any time to ask questions on photography and Stanley will be glad to answer your queries. As an added priviledge, all students will be invited for an Actual Wedding Day Shoot with Stanley. He will guide you on what to look out for during shooting.

Pricing
Besides learning on how to shoot and control your flash techniques, all students will learn on how created and negotiate with customers on pricing and package.

Portfolio/Photographs
As the amount of photos that is taken on Actual Wedding Day Photography is enourmous ( So we try not to post any photos ), we encourage all interested parties to drop by our shop to have a preview on what you will expecting to see Stanley's and some of our past students work.

Contact Person
For further details of the course please refer to Miss Joanne on 98583502

Namelist
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Thank you all for the full support on Stanley Lim Colour Centre.

Pro Image said:
Stanley Lim Colour Centre is opening the 11th intake for the Actual Wedding Day Photography Course on 5th November 2004 as there are too many photographers asking. As we see and increase number of wedding nowadays, couples preference is to look for professional photogaphers to cover their event. What better way than to learn it from a professional who is willing to share his experience.

This is a brief outline of the course.

Total 8 lessons
Lesson 1 - Photography Basics
Lesson 2 - Wedding Day Workflow
Lesson 3 - Flash Techniques (Film is supplied for SLR users)
Lesson 4 - Equipment Maintenance (Guest talk)
Lesson 5 - Outdoor Photo Shoots theory (How to balance your flash with natural lighting)
Lesson 6 - Outdoor shoot (Practical Film is supplied for SLR users)
Lesson 7 - Indoor Techniques (Studio)
Lesson 8 - Studio Shoot (Practical)

Time and Venue
The opening for the 11th intake is on a Friday from 8-10 pm but usually the class will end later than the expected timing. For some students who may miss some lessons due to unforseen circumstances, we will be glad to replace those classes at no additional cost!
Venue @ Midlink Plaza #02-03/04 112 Middle Road

Cost
The cost of this course is $350 which includes 2 practical shoots, both indoor and outdoor.

Equipments
Stanley will give some tips and pointers on the camera & flash you are using. In addition, he will advise on the model & brand that will be useful to you.

Completion of the course!
After the students completes the course, they are more than welcome to drop by @SLCC any time to ask questions on photography and Stanley will be glad to answer your queries. As an added priviledge, all students will be invited for an Actual Wedding Day Shoot with Stanley. He will guide you on what to look out for during shooting.

Pricing
Besides learning on how to shoot and control your flash techniques, all students will learn on how created and negotiate with customers on pricing and package.

Portfolio/Photographs
As the amount of photos that is taken on Actual Wedding Day Photography is enourmous ( So we try not to post any photos ), we encourage all interested parties to drop by our shop to have a preview on what you will expecting to see Stanley's and some of our past students work.

Contact Person
For further details of the course please refer to Miss Joanne on 98583502

There were a few ppl who had miss our course which started on the Sep. Now the new intake coming again, for those who had missed the last intake, don't miss this again or else you will have to wait till 2005. If you want to known more about this couse, call me at 98583502 (Joanne) or come down to our studio at 122,Middle Road, Midlink plaza #02-03. But remember to call before you come. Thank you very much and hope to see you soon.

UPZ for a great couple!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you know, up till now i dunno for sure which nick is stanley and which is joanne and i dunno who is proimage or whoever or watever nick here in CS, but i know the experience with u guys is great!! ;p :D

jOhO said:
UPZ for a great couple!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you know, up till now i dunno for sure which nick is stanley and which is joanne and i dunno who is proimage or whoever or watever nick here in CS, but i know the experience with u guys is great!! ;p :D

Ha ha ha! Only me (Joanne) speak broken English!! If you see one pc one pc English that is me la!!! :blah: Hope you really enjoy the course.

Sorry this whole week are very busy, sorry to all those who had PM me today, and thanks to those who had called me today. As I say just call before you come to my studio.

Upz for stanley and joanne :)

You'll learn more than just photography techniques.. even the background work like what to look out for during the various cultures in wedding ceremonies which i found really useful in a wedding i covered recently.

Also, he'll share with you advanced film techniques... but only for film users lah... so if you've got both film and digital bodies, i suggest you go back to film and see how stanley covered some of the shots in his portfolio just for this course.

Well... you'll only learn as much as you ask. So, if you ask lots of questions, you'll really benefit from his experience... if not it's gonna be one-way teacher to student traffic... which ain't all that bad... but there's more wealth in his knowledge if you just ask and a barage of other information will flow till 12am in the mornings!! hahahahaha

EXCELLENT worskshop!

Lesson that stretched till 12am or after are quite normal..... and if u calculate the timing of all the lessons together, u will be attending more lessons then what was indicated on the forum. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh ya... lessons after 12am also good, cos that time the cab wait for u and not u wait for the cab. ;p :bsmilie:

Hi Hi...

I'm interested. Please reserve a place for me. Let me know if you need any details or payment. Thanks.

Chlee said:
Hi Hi...

I'm interested. Please reserve a place for me. Let me know if you need any details or payment. Thanks.

Pls contact Joanne on 98583502 for deposit of the course. Thanks!

Namelist
1) Chlee
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Thank you JermsDayOut and ReSpawN. Happy to see you guys enjoy the course. Hope to see more ppl like you guys to learn and share the fun of the photography world.

This course not only for those who wanted to shoot actual wedding day, actually this a 3 in 1 course, you will learn flashlight, outdoor and basic studio lighting. After this course you will able to shoot party, anniversary, event and all the indoor activitys. You also able to shoot outdoor with your love one's and even outdoor event. You also can do studio shoot after this course.

So hurry! ONE STONE THREE BIRDS!!! Why hesitate????

Update:

1. Chlee
2. Confirm

Hurry "mai tu liao", one stone three birds lie!!!

what's the difference btw this one and the PSS (Photography Society of Singapore) which is S$120 for 5 lessons (include 1 practical session)? :confused:

Paul_Yeo said:
what's the difference btw this one and the PSS (Photography Society of Singapore) which is S$120 for 5 lessons (include 1 practical session)? :confused:

My dear Paul

Confused ? Hmmmm..... let me try to explain to you and those who are still deciding which course to attend, why most of us preferred this course. Of cos, there are many similar courses out there. We are not saying that the rest are not good but merely highlighting why courses by SLCC deserve special mention. Content of the course itself justifies the extra $$$ :D

If we work out the maths, there are 8 lessons with 2 practicals compared to your 5 lessons with 1 practical. Yes, you may say I should then be paying only $240 for 10 lessons and 2 practicals. Well, these lessons will stretch beyond the stipulated timings. Trust me, you will be in class for more than 8 lessons if you work out the time you have spent there :bsmilie: You will never miss any lesson, as SLCC believes in imparting you with all the necessary knowledge before your next wedding assignment. If u miss any, they will give you 'make-up' lessons.

SLCC houses many 'PRO's in their own field e.g. PRO IMAGE and PLRBEAR.....and some regular visitors. It's a great place to meet up and share photography knowledge in the future after the course.

Take me as an example ...although I am already a freelance wedding photographer, I attended the 8th intake to share my experience and knowledge in this field. Yes, I shared and I also picked up new knowledge from Stanley and fellow students including 'simple' things that we often overlooked. He imparts knowledge beyond simple basic photography. His 'questions and answers' approach is very useful. If you have always wanted to ask that question on how a pic or effect was taken/achieved, ask Stanley and he will take up your challenge and give you a satisfactory answer.

Most of all, we become friends of the humble couple and dropped by once in a while to share some of our assignments and shoots. Remember we are never good enuff. We should always aspire to be better photographers and Stanley will give us frank opinions on our pics. Good critics are often beneficial to us. He will never find us a nuisance but instead welcome us. Of cos, dun overload poor Stanley with few hundreds shots of your assignments !!! have a heart !!! :bigeyes: We often study pics and identify possible areas for improvement. Yes, we are all learning including Stanley.

This wedding course provides you with the relevant skills. As you will cover sequences of various types of weddings, Flash control, OUTDOOR AND INDOOR shoots etc... (Ai ya, I dun wanna repeat the course content). Anyway, you will be surprised how your pics may turn out during your practices. Stanley will 'investigate' and get to the root of any problem and ensure you will never make the same mistake again. I must say you will have a dedicated 'MASTER'. The content of the course itself needs no further recommendation. He will never hold back any knowledge from you but instead share whatever he knows.

Ha .. ha, I realised I din really answer your question. I am just a little 'upset' that people are still questioning how good this course is. Hey, this is already the 11th intake if you need a track record. In fact, drop by their unit at MIDLINK PLAZA and have a chat with Joanne. She will give you more details and explain to you why their course is so popular among people like us.

:thumbsup: KUDOS to my "Shi-Fu" and his approachable and chatty wife !

Paul_Yeo said:

Hi, I dunno the content of the course offered by PSS. I shall not coment on it. As a former student from SLCC what i can say is that you will get MORE than what you paid for.

The course may state starting from 8pm to 10pm, but most of the time, it will end later. Stanly will normally extend his time to entertain Q&A from students.

Best of all, you will get chance to go for attachement to do actual wedding day shoot with Stanly as backup.

I would suggest you compare the content of the 2 courses and decided for yourself.

Hi Ahv,

Nothing to be upset about those who have no idea what our course is. Thank you again for that brief intro into the world of Actual Wedding Photography. I am glad you are explaining more to other members in CS so they will have a clearer picture.

Let's us not compare to other institutions which offers the same course as well. Each and every institution have the freedom and right to conduct their courses in different manner. As for pricing wise, well we keep it somewhere around the market level where it is affordable for everyone.

After finishing the course, I am very sure somehow you will be able to clinch at least 2 deals or more with wedding couples. After taking on those assignments, I am sure it covers back your course fees. The most important is not just attending our course itself. It's all about a gathering among photo enthuiasts as well.

Attending the course is part of the photography experience we discover our creativeness by exploring into a new dimension. With experience "Shi Fus" like us, we guide you all to totally unexplore territory. From there you will learn not just to take excellent photos but also learn how to deal with different and difficult situations.

We have an open concept in teaching and we welcome all to join in. We do not mind if other institution is offering cheaper or more lessons. The MOST important thing is you LEARN something. Correct? We would not say that we are the most expensive(nor the cheapest) in terms of pricing but we are always fair to those who participate in our courses. We try our best to ensure all participants learn new things from us.

From time we make new friends and learn more new things.

We welcome again all those inquire about our courses and thank you to those who partipate and learn valuable lessons from us.

Thanks and have a great weekend to all!

jimtong said:
Hi, I dunno the content of the course offered by PSS. I shall not coment on it. As a former student from SLCC what i can say is that you will get MORE than what you paid for.

The course may state starting from 8pm to 10pm, but most of the time, it will end later. Stanly will normally extend his time to entertain Q&A from students.

Best of all, you will get chance to go for attachement to do actual wedding day shoot with Stanly as backup.

I would suggest you compare the content of the 2 courses and decided for yourself.

What 8pm to 10pm? More like 8pm to 12am!!!!!!! keke.......:bsmilie:

Stanley will take every step to ensure you understand what you asked him and also what he teaches.

Well said PRO IMAGE :thumbsup: ...cannot compare based on prices. If not, some schools will 'eat grass' now. Well, other schools have their own syallbus and good instructors ... that's y as students of Stanley, we encourage others to attend this course by explaining why it is different and was beneficial to us. We hope it helps.

:gbounce: : that SLCC has dedicated instructors like you and PLRBEAR.

Thank you ALL for conducting so many courses and generating interest in photography :D

Like you ve mentioned, I have got to know fellow photo enthusiasts during my intake. It's the beginning of a new friendship for us ;p

Once again, to those who are still considering.... PCK would say "DUN PRAY PRAY, AR....ONE OF THE BEST ACTUAL WEDDING DAY PHOTOGRAPHY COURSES IN SINGAPORE....SOME SAY JB OR BATAM TOO" :bsmilie:

Seriously, if you guys/ gals are aspiring wedding photographers , u wont regret attending this course. We didnt !

Pro Image said:
What 8pm to 10pm? More like 8pm to 12am!!!!!!! keke.......:bsmilie:

Stanley will take every step to ensure you understand what you asked him and also what he teaches.

just a few weeks ago we ended our 2nd lesson past 1am.. :eek:

madmacs said:
just a few weeks ago we ended our 2nd lesson past 1am.. :eek:

Wah did u say past 1 am?????

Man what did Stanley teach you huh? The whole freaking syllabus???? Keke......the best thing is that you learn something from him and other members who join in.

Pro Image said:
Wah did u say past 1 am?????

Man what did Stanley teach you huh? The whole freaking syllabus???? Keke......the best thing is that you learn something from him and other members who join in.

wedding workflow...at 11pm+ we realized we only finished chinese wedding ;p yeah we learnt a lot. hopefully can remember
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.