Actual Day Wedding Photographer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzone

Oct 18, 2004
Hi,

I’m looking for a photographer for my AD in July. Event will start with ROM early in the morning, followed by tea ceremony then perhaps some outdoor shoots with dinner at the end. I still have not decided if I would need digital touch up to the pics. My budget is abt 1K, all in.

If there any up & coming photographers that are looking to expand their profile at no or minimal cost, for any or all of the events, I’d be interested as well.

Dinner venue is at Asian Civilizations Museum.

Rgds.

kzone said:
Hi,

I’m looking for a photographer for my AD in July. Event will start with ROM early in the morning, followed by tea ceremony then perhaps some outdoor shoots with dinner at the end. I still have not decided if I would need digital touch up to the pics. My budget is abt 1K, all in.

If there any up & coming photographers that are looking to expand their profile at no or minimal cost, for any or all of the events, I’d be interested as well.

Dinner venue is at Asian Civilizations Museum.

Rgds.
Hi kzone,

congrats on your wedding dude!

Could I invite you to view my portfolio at www.expressivelyjoho.com and then if you like what you see, perhaps we could touch base and meet up to discuss more about your big day!

jOhO said:
Hi kzone,

congrats on your wedding dude!

Could I invite you to view my portfolio at www.expressivelyjoho.com and then if you like what you see, perhaps we could touch base and meet up to discuss more about your big day!

One of the most creative wedding photographer in town.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats on your wedding kzone!

Thank you all for your kind wishes and responses. Please allow me some time to go through all the messages. If I miss to reply to any of ur PMs, please forgive me.

Other than price & style of photography, what are the basic things I should look out & consider when choosing a photgrapher?

Will there be time to prepare a little slideshow of what happened ealier in the day to be shown during the dinner?

To Kzone, congrats on your big event

Just OT abit, hope dun mind, how much to hold dinner at ACM ?

seawatermark said:
To Kzone, congrats on your big event

Just OT abit, hope dun mind, how much to hold dinner at ACM ?

Presume u meant the rental. Depends on which area u book, but its usually the river room (2.6K) & river terrace (1.2K) excluding marquees...

Most of u guys are able to shoot fm early morning to late nite. Dont u guys get tired? & wont alertness & thus ability to capture precious moments reduced during the dinner when fatigue sets in?

Wud I be better off to have 1 photograper for e day & another one for e nite?

kzone said:
Presume u meant the rental. Depends on which area u book, but its usually the river room (2.6K) & river terrace (1.2K) excluding marquees...

Most of u guys are able to shoot fm early morning to late nite. Dont u guys get tired? & wont alertness & thus ability to capture precious moments reduced during the dinner when fatigue sets in?

of course we get tired, but it's not like tired until cannot lift up the camera. the mind is still alert, and being experieced helps to anticipate moments so it's less taxing on the "system" if you have a feel of what's gonna happen next. :)

as for hiring two photographers for one day, you're likely to pay more, but get two different styles. might or not be a good thing. :)

jOhO said:
of course we get tired, but it's not like tired until cannot lift up the camera. the mind is still alert, and being experieced helps to anticipate moments so it's less taxing on the "system" if you have a feel of what's gonna happen next. :)

as for hiring two photographers for one day, you're likely to pay more, but get two different styles. might or not be a good thing. :)

agree with Johnathan wholeheartedly!, with experience and when your primary guests (brothers and sisiters, parents) is comfortable with the photographer, the evening shoot will be easier to shoot as well.

kzone said:

I would not recommend different photographers for day and night. Rather, you could have more photographers for the entire event so that it allows you cover multiple angles. For instance, one photographer may stand in front of the aisle while the other stands at the back, or do a wide-angle shot. This could also relieves the photographer from running around too much.

For me, I have not experienced physical fatigue to the extent of affecting the quality of shoot. I believe that the excitement of the event keeps me going. I'm sure the wedding couple would be able to understand the overwhelming feeling. ;)

I think better to go for 1 photographer only lar. For me i always explain to the couple that the chemistry is very important. You already had fun in the morning with the photographer ard, the nite is easier to take. Whenever i always take only the evening banquet, usually i'd be very much quieter, really nothing to talk to the bride or groom and vice-versa. I just take my money and F off, serious. haha....

Go for Jonathan (joho) lar. Cheap and good, shd be within your 1k budget too, just that perhaps not exactly "all in". He's my photographer too.

Too bad I cannot take any more July dates, booked mua liao. Good luck, Merry Xmas and have fun dude. :)

2100 said:
I think better to go for 1 photographer only lar. For me i always explain to the couple that the chemistry is very important. You already had fun in the morning with the photographer ard, the nite is easier to take. Whenever i always take only the evening banquet, usually i'd be very much quieter, really nothing to talk to the bride or groom and vice-versa. I just take my money and F off, serious. haha....

Go for Jonathan (joho) lar. Cheap and good, shd be within your 1k budget too, just that perhaps not exactly "all in". He's my photographer too.

Too bad I cannot take any more July dates, booked mua liao. Good luck, Merry Xmas and have fun dude. :)
Busy PRO sia... :thumbsup:

2100 said:

MUAH liow ar? steady lar... :thumbsup:

thanx for the recommendation ahah.. :)

Hi guys,

Thanks again for all your offers. I'm currently busy moving house so can only access the forum during ofc hours. Will prob contact afew of you once I settle down in Jan to discuss in further details.

I notice most if not all photograpers are a 1 man show. Dont u guys need assistance to help with the lightings or other equipments? I see at some weddings, there r ppl just to carry lights & shades... when do you require those?

kzone said:
Hi guys,

Thanks again for all your offers. I'm currently busy moving house so can only access the forum during ofc hours. Will prob contact afew of you once I settle down in Jan to discuss in further details.

I notice most if not all photograpers are a 1 man show. Dont u guys need assistance to help with the lightings or other equipments? I see at some weddings, there r ppl just to carry lights & shades... when do you require those?

i have someone to edit and make and design your coffee book album and have a second shooter (different person) if you require more angles, please call me at 98198684 for details:)

kzone said:
Hi guys,

Normally extra lighting, shades, reflectors are not necessary - perhaps you may want to clarify why you feel these would be needed. Unless this was a commerical film/video job those extras are not required. Only very large venues or very large society style wedding is there a need for extra lighting ect. There is also the aspect of costs vs returns. Read this kind of setup as formal party setup - in a smaller affair this is like a having a wayang show running in your wedding show; not a good idea but its your show and your dime. The stars of the day are the B&G not the photographers and crew - we are there to distill the essence of the emotions, the drama and the life of the event definitely not the entertainment of the day.Additonal shooter can be arranged again I suggest you talk to who you will be short listing to check if its necessary. I can see in what case you will need a 2nd shooter but not in every case.

Status
Not open for further replies.