Actual day photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

letdoit

Oct 12, 2003
singapore, Jurong
A friend of mine looking for photographer, on 2 DEC 03.
Quote the price and num of film and Free-L or Full Time ?
( closing day is 23/oct/03 because i afraid there also looking themselves, i just help them)

Thank.

16/10/03 , time 6:30 PM edited message,
I receive some quotation. I called up to her and she now then told me
she looking for cheaper ONE. less then S$450.
AND she told me her studio gave her $250 for 6 film. But the film have buy themselves. + don't have develop it.

I guess that too cheap, i told her seldom ppl outside can give this price.
IF anyone can give better price , then reply..

I also SIAN.....................

letdoit said:
( closing day is 23/oct/03 because i afraid there also looking themselves, i just help them)

Thank.

Err...may i know what event is this? izzit wedding day?

Hi, i know a guy that take actual day wedding photo (he took for me on my wedding day). I can contact him if you still needed one.

Price way too low lah.. Weekday somemore.

She only want for the wedding dinner or what?

letdoit said:

Thank.

16/10/03 , time 6:30 PM edited message,
I receive some quotation. I called up to her and she now then told me
she looking for cheaper ONE. less then S$450.
AND she told me her studio gave her $250 for 6 film. But the film have buy themselves. + don't have develop it.

I guess that too cheap, i told her seldom ppl outside can give this price.
IF anyone can give better price , then reply..

I also SIAN.....................
My blessing to your friend.

Good luck to your friend. S$450 is way way way too low for a full day wedding shoot. It still makes me wonder why couples are so unwilling to spend some money to capture their big day - it's a once in a lifetime thing.

Take a look at this breakdown. Suppose the photographer arrives at the bride's place at say, 6am and shoot all the preparation and proceedings till 1pm. Then proceed to the hotel at 6pm, and cover the dinner banquet till 11pm. That's a total of 12 hours.

Using reasonably cheap film, say Fuji XTRA 400 at $10 for 3, and the $9.90 developing service provided at some places, that works out to about $13.40 per roll of prints. Shoot a conservative 6 rolls (tough) and that comes up to $79.40. And let's not talk about print quality.

$450 - $79.40 gives $370.60. Divide this by 12 hours, you get only about S$30 an hour. And that's before deducting your transport costs.

But I am sure there will be enough people wanting to take this up.

Regards
CK

sigh... The best is to ask you friend to post on Clubsnap, I am DAMn SURE there are people who offers free phototaking for your friends (But don't expected too much).

Or another way is to ask your friend's friend to take for them free (Using whatever compact camera or what. Since they CANNOT afford the money, don't bother to hire one)

Anything below $500 is an insult to the photographer and who took it for less than that also is an insult to his/her skill!!!

Finally, they can postpone their wedding until they have saved enough money, I think this is the best way cos it is their big day, only once in a life time unless.... :devil: , If any other reason like S.G. then I have got nothing to say.

God bless your friends in finding the right photographer with THAT price.

:bsmilie:
:sweat:
JUST MY 2 Cents

deencat said:
sigh... The best is to ask you friend to post on Clubsnap, I am DAMn SURE there are people who offers free phototaking for your friends (But don't expected too much).

Or another way is to ask your friend's friend to take for them free (Using whatever compact camera or what. Since they CANNOT afford the money, don't bother to hire one)

Anything below $500 is an insult to the photographer and who took it for less than that also is an insult to his/her skill!!!

Finally, they can postpone their wedding until they have saved enough money, I think this is the best way cos it is their big day, only once in a life time unless.... :devil: , If any other reason like S.G. then I have got nothing to say.

JUST MY 2 Cents

this is abit harsh. every wedding couple set out a budget and for some, they might just have enough for everything, including a photographer. for S$450, there are willing photographers around. but i can't be too sure of the quality and standard though...

deencat said:

JUST MY 2 Cents

Oh my God! $450 for a wedding photographer.... good luck!
Why dun you ask your friend to ask his/her friend to shoot for the wedding (can be free some more). ;)

Just for my knowledge, how much is the average rate for a full day wedding, + dinner?

Cheesecake said:
this is abit harsh. every wedding couple set out a budget and for some, they might just have enough for everything, including a photographer. for S$450, there are willing photographers around. but i can't be too sure of the quality and standard though...

Of cos there are photographers willing to shoot for free also.
When I first started out, I shoot for free for my friends.
But the point is that either find a friend to shoot for free or pay decent $$ to hire a decent one.

deencat said:
Of cos there are photographers willing to shoot for free also.
When I first started out, I shoot for free for my friends.
But the point is that either find a friend to shoot for free or pay decent $$ to hire a decent one.

yeah u're right.
it is not easy. but i believe they can work things out.

AReality said:
Just for my knowledge, how much is the average rate for a full day wedding, + dinner?

It really depends on the photographer actually, no such thing as market rate so to speak. But I have seen many bridal studio offers $300 for the labour and $50 per roll which at the end turn out to be around $700. (Nearly half of them can be considered as rubblish)

There are people who offers digital also, around the same price.
Of cos there are more expensive one like $1500 like that, but the quality may not be as good as the $700 one. As I said it really depends on the couple's preference.

I guess most of the couple in Singapore misunderstood their actual day photography, they tend to think their studio photos are more important and that's why they are not willing to pay for the actual day service. But the fact is that their actual day is only one day in their life time if nothing happened. While you can go to studio and take bridal studio shoot for thousands of time.

Just my 2 cents!!

deencat said:
It really depends on the photographer actually, no such thing as market rate so to speak. But I have seen many bridal studio offers $300 for the labour and $50 per roll which at the end turn out to be around $700. (Nearly half of them can be considered as rubblish)

There are people who offers digital also, around the same price.
Of cos there are more expensive one like $1500 like that, but the quality may not be as good as the $700 one. As I said it really depends on the couple's preference.

I guess most of the couple in Singapore misunderstood their actual day photography, they tend to think their studio photos are more important and that's why they are not willing to pay for the actual day service. But the fact is that their actual day is only one day in their life time if nothing happened. While you can go to studio and take bridal studio shoot for thousands of time.

Just my 2 cents!!

not to butter-up or apple-polish, but i agree with deencat.

which is more important? and which is more taxing?
some got them all mixed up.

My advice to those who are going to get marry soon.

Cost of actual day photography is important.
But the quality and experiences of the photographer is even more important.

When you are looking at the photographer's portfolio, make sure you ask him/her for all the photos he/she have taken during that day but not only few photos from each event. (It is common sense that they will choose the best few photos out of each event to show you!)

If they cannot provide, forget it!! Cos those photos are probably the best photos they have ever taken out of hundreds during that event or events.

If you cannot afford to pay for a decent photographer for your actual day, post it here in clubsnap and ask for help, it really depends on your LUCK. (But don't expected too much and make sure you give them red pocket instead, not the $10, $20 kind, it is an insult to who offers free service to you)

Just my 2 cents

Cheesecake said:
not to butter-up or apple-polish, but i agree with deencat.

quite pissed with wedding couples who insisted i lower my asking fee as they compared their studio photography asking fee to the actual day's wedding photography.

which is more important? and which is more taxing?
some got them all mixed up.

Speaking from the experiences :embrass:
Now all my actual day photos are kept in a cold and dark place.
And I am regretting for not hiring a decent one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.