Action of watermark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
hi guys

Just wondering any kind soul will do me and the rest of guys a favour. I believe most of us are keen to add watermarks to our photos to prevent leechers such as those on SGgirls. However, the main problem is the large no. of photos and the time needed.

Hence, if possible, maybe someone who has the action done on photoshop can share with us? :)

hmm.. that's a tricky one. everyone's watermark would be different.
which means to say that in the first place, you must 2 layers or 2 files.
one with your photo and one with your "watermark" or "signature".

then the action would merge the two. :)

I just created one Photoshop Action.

Get it at:

http://www.limepixels.com/clubsnap_photos/Adiemus.atn

But it requires:

1) The "watermark" layer to be on top of your photo layer. It should be named "watermark". This layer needs to be positioned to where you want it to be on top of the photo. So preferably use a white watermark.

What will happen:
~~~~~~~~~~~
The "watermark" layer's opacity will be reduced to 50%. This layer is then linked to the bottom layer and merged. You will then save this layer to another filename. NEVER save the watermarked file as the original as it would overwrite your original photo.

If you use this and find it useful, please PM me and let me know.
If it doesn't suit you and you think you can improve it or have alternatives, I'm willing to learn from you.

How to install:
~~~~~~~~~
Open photoshop.
In your Actions palette, Click "Load Actions"
Browse for the "Adiemus.atn" file
Once you have loaded it, you will see "Watermark" under the Adiemus folder.

Cheers all.

I have heard that the latest version of Gallery (if you are using Gallery) has a watermark feature that automatically watermarks pictures you upload to your server. However, I have not tried it so, I am not sure how effective it is.

There is a different way than those mentioned above, which works like 'actions' i.e. it is easily repeatable, but can place the watermark (or copywite mark or whatever you choose) wherever you like;

That is to create your watermark and save it as a Brush !! - this can then be painted onto the photo directly or onto a separate layer and obviously the colour and opacity can be changed from photo to photo

alangoh said:
I have heard that the latest version of Gallery (if you are using Gallery) has a watermark feature that automatically watermarks pictures you upload to your server. However, I have not tried it so, I am not sure how effective it is.

I have tried it and it seems to crash when u watermark a lot of files. Anyway, it's not that easy to position the watermark exactly where u want it. And there is no transparency setting. :thumbsd:

coldman said:
got error on the link leh.
can't save leh.
:embrass: can help?
Thanks very much...... ;)

Link should work now. Sorry. migrating server.. ;p

If not using PS, any other way to have a water mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.