Action Figure Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

dory

Nov 3, 2005
1-2-3-faux.deviantart.com
pretty new to photography. so anyways i decided to fuse two of my hobbies (photography and collecting figures) in one. do feel free to crit and give comments.

also do check out my deviant art account for more of my photography attempts. i'd love to know more fellow singaporeans and forum users who use that site. so don't forget to drop by and say hi!

http://www.1-2-3-faux.deviantart.com

dscn2651.jpg

dscn1107.jpg

dscn1756.jpg

etched.jpg

dscn2713.jpg

First one reminds me of resident evil.... Where's my gun???

great attempt at photomaking!
good job dory. =)

Nice shots, but you should also think of more "full body shots"... but this means you will have to create some interesting backgrounds for them.

Your taste in action figure a bit too gory for my liking but photography wise, I really llike the angles you have chosen. Feels like screenshots from a movie.

Very nice:thumbsup: I like them all except #2 a little OOF right? Or is it my eyes:confused:

Interesting pics man..:) My fav are the 1st one and the last one..:thumbsup:

sorry, I feel the last 2 photos were like scanned pictures cos the texture of the background goes into the shadow, acturally runs all over the photos

besides, the first one I find it noisy.

Dont know if he did it on purpose?

hey thnx so much for the comments. much love

Singer high : yea i do collect that line, among others. :) many of them have statue like qualities that i find quite photo-friendly

microcosm: i'm looking forward to doing some of those. thnx for the suggestion. it'll be an interesting project finding appropriate backgrouds for each 'subject'. the reason why i didn't take full body shots especially for the zombies is coz they are articulated and have joints which i find kinda distracting.

seankyh: no worries, prehaps i should have put up a 'viewer discretion' on the post. ;) i do have less gory shots in the works. thnx tho, i was trying to capture it like a movie still and i'm glad it came across

tqviet0327: thnx for the crits. in hindsight the 1st pic does look have a lil too much noise. as for the last 2, i was actually going for a gritty, old-ish kinda look. basically i added layers of texture (pictures of tree bark, road shots etc) of varying opacity over the original picture, hence the grainy, sketchy effect.

once again appreciate the comments and warm welcome fellas. do any fellow forumers out there have a deviant accout?

cheers

tqviet0327: thnx for the crits. in hindsight the 1st pic does look have a lil too much noise. as for the last 2, i was actually going for a gritty, old-ish kinda look. basically i added layers of texture (pictures of tree bark, road shots etc) of varying opacity over the original picture, hence the grainy, sketchy effect.

Oh, i see, the effect is very well done and very convincing. They do look old :)

how did u shoot it in such a way that it seems life size?

normally what i try to do is have the camera at eye level or lower with the figure's eyes. usually that would give it a better sense of realism. additionally, i try to avoid including the joints in the picture to make it look less like a toy. hope that helps

How come u dont have nightmares with all these figureines surrounding you when you sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.