Acrylic Display Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
Hey all, i'm looking for an acrylic display box. approx h15 x 10 x 10.

Have called up all action city,dollz inc and games connection outlets. Have also tried google and those factories at ubi/eunos etc. Either don't sell, out of stock or take time to custom make.

Any idea where else i can find them? would be going brasbasah and muji next.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks everyone!

Acrylic centre? brasbasah lvl 2

but damn! the boxes were like >20 each.
i was hoping for something around 8 bucks. would look around more tmr.

acrylic is not that inexpensive as it's derive from crude oil.. it's easy to join acrylic pcs together to form the box but u need to purchase the sheet first. Lemme know if u need help/advice

Acrylic centre? brasbasah lvl 2

but damn! the boxes were like >20 each.
i was hoping for something around 8 bucks. would look around more tmr.

yeah. won't mind some help. but i have experience of superglueing acrylic sheets together. the glue actually corrodes the acrylic. how do i overcome that?

yeah. won't mind some help. but i have experience of superglueing acrylic sheets together. the glue actually corrodes the acrylic. how do i overcome that?

You use chloroform. You know the ones where people dip the hankies into and then make people unconscious.

Go arts Friend to buy arcylic glue... works similarly as chloroform

err, those are banned long ago...

now when you go to shops, they only give you the plastic glue.

Oops.

I had them when I was in Sec3/4. HAHAHA...
That was quite some time ago liao. Lost touch.

Oops.

I had them when I was in Sec3/4. HAHAHA...
That was quite some time ago liao. Lost touch.
Chloroform take 1 whiff can make u high and steam one.

Ditto for Wood Glue, those that need to use Thinner to dilute it one. Can go high one. Last time do woodcraft the thinner & glue smell is.... FUAH~ :thumbsup:

Chloroform take 1 whiff can make u high and steam one.

Ditto for Wood Glue, those that need to use Thinner to dilute it one. Can go high one. Last time do woodcraft the thinner & glue smell is.... FUAH~ :thumbsup:

eh, you into this kinda fetish ar? :bsmilie:

think we all in the same era 1, almost like 20 years ago sec 1 still allowed to use chlorofoam for joining acrylic.

think we all in the same era 1, almost like 20 years ago sec 1 still allowed to use chlorofoam for joining acrylic.

oh..seems ur in my era too...used chloroform on frogs during biology class 25years ago...hehe...acrylic was 26years ago for arts class

Put the joints properly first, den paint the chloroform on the acrylic. U'll see the plastic turn abit whitish (especially if u're using red acrylic) and it will stick. ;p

If u pour too much, will see abit of smoke as well.
If u take chloroform and apply abit to ur skin very shiok~ Very cooling~ :embrass:

Put the joints properly first, den paint the chloroform on the acrylic. U'll see the plastic turn abit whitish (especially if u're using red acrylic) and it will stick. ;p

If u pour too much, will see abit of smoke as well.
If u take chloroform and apply abit to ur skin very shiok~ Very cooling~ :embrass:

dun make the kids gian lah... you say until so fun, but they forever cannot have a chance to play with it... :lovegrin:

Not 100% sure, if Daiso has display cases made out of acrylic.
Saw them a while back, and they have different sizes too.

OT, they also have a good range of silver oxide button batteries if you need them for older cameras.

cheers

rf

Hey all, i'm looking for an acrylic display box. approx h15 x 10 x 10.

Have called up all action city,dollz inc and games connection outlets. Have also tried google and those factories at ubi/eunos etc. Either don't sell, out of stock or take time to custom make.

Any idea where else i can find them? would be going brasbasah and muji next.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks everyone!

Go to China Square Central (behind great eastern building), go to 2nd Floor, uncle Ng (Ng's collection) and ask him if he has those. there are 3 level and 4 level version, small medium and large.
I cannot remember the model number but I stick to the largest one. Japan product but made in china. That stuff gone off the shelf really fast.

I custom made a acrylic box with some specific cuts on the plastic thru merlin framemakers at paragon b4. Quite expensive though.

to also those chlorofoam finatics: I ALSO WANT!! omg. you all make me jealous! haha so many other uses:devil:

Custom made i checked it's like $35

oh diaso? would make a trip to dhoby then. Oh and checked out paragon muji. they do sell! tho the size is kinda off. damn! : / but at least got a fall back plan haha

Thanks all!

Daisho sell but only can fit like prob one of 1:18 motorbike model.

Status
Not open for further replies.