Acrylic Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

richliow

Jul 9, 2005
Hi Folks,
I am thinking of setting up a new shop which can sell acylic boards for photography purposes.

just wanna gather opinion on whether is there a market for this?

Thanks

well i know suppiler which can fabricate acrylic panel at cheap price if you want ?

imo, the demand is too small. again, why do you need a shop?

Erm maybe if you post a "uses for acrylic boards in photography"? I dunno what I can use them for...

doesn't most art shops carry acrylic boards? have u asked them wats their turnover rate?
I have used acrylic boards for photography. U just have to be creative to use them. how about selling perspex instead, especially black. product photographer's favourite.

dun think the artshops will tell me their turnover rates =)

actually thats the point, i kept reading that certain effects can be achieved using acrylic boards, but me being an amateur photographer does not know what are the effects, so cant understand the full extent of the usage.. hence cant gauge the full demand....

but I do read within the forum, that you folks need acrylic boards. so since my business in visual displays often deals with Acylic Boards, so was wondering whether is it a good thing to open a mini branch to supply such boards to CSers?

anyway, its just a tot spinned of my mind when it went wandering during lunch earlier..=)

u could offer simple cutting services. art shops in melbourne sells them in ready cut dimensions which are either too small or too big. i don't know what's the case in singapore.

cutting services are not commonly available to the laymen. fabricators will cut to size for a fee. if one buy from (pure) suppliers, usually they provide no cutting service. 4 ft by 6 or 8 ft. (pure) suppliers does not include fabricators or art/signage shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.