20mm :: f/11 :: 3.3s :: ISO200

Darkness behind lights

24mm :: f/11 :: 5.2s :: ISO200

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hie there,

The subject in the shots below, and the perspective is just short of being interesting. It did not help that it is perhaps, the most photographed subject in Singapore.

#1. I would have preferred a tad bit more exposure, or if a silohuette is what you want, then the buildings should be darker, near black. The exposure that u have chosen seems somewhat in between. I understand that the drama of the sky would not be captured if the image was exposed longer. A grad filter would be useful, but if I do not have one... , I'll PS a little. What I usually do is to super impose 2 images, one which is -1/3 and one that is +1/3 (Easily done in RAW). I would then keep the sky for the underexposed image and the buildings for the overexposed image (use an eraser or something).
The converging lines of the buildings can be a flaw, or feature. In this case, I like the converging effect.

#2 and #3. While technically pretty good, I did not like the converging lines / perspective. I wished u had kept the camera pointing straight ahead .... . ANd the composition is a tad boring.

I hope these comments are taken in a good way. =) .

junyang

Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
None of the pictures appeal to me, and besides, i don't understand the captions for picture two and second, they look like normal snapshots to me. besides, the buildings are too small, i don't see what's the main interest in the picture?

for the 1st picture, as marcwang has stated, i would prefer the buildings to be a tad more exposed. and of course, a more dramatic sunset.

just a few comments =)

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Thanks geoyip :)

marc boi, ltns... hope the flash is going well. Alright, thanks for the comments and point outs, I did shoot RAW for the images, perhaps will try on the +1/3 -1/3 imposing and see if I can fix the image, t'was just a shot I thought capturing since the sky was good, the last two was .. urm.. no excuses :)

Thank junyang for your comments, I will bear in mind on my composition & try something more captivating next time, I was a bit tad limited by my location, should have gone nearer and tried a level perspective with something more interesting... :(

Thanks again folks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.