Acian Technologies Photo Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

prihatna

Sep 19, 2008
Acian Technologies is looking for the best photo which will capture its motto: Delivering Innovation.

The photo is meant to capture the theme of Innovation, especially how it relates to the technology. It will be used in posters/calendars and other marketing promotional material to help build the brand and position of Acian Technologies as the leading Innovation Consulting Company in Asia.

HOW MUCH : USD 3,000 Cash Prize

WHO: Acian Technologies

WHEN: From October 14th until December 14th, 2008

WHAT: Asian Call for Entries

More information kindly go to: http://www.eyeka.asia/partner/aciantech

Thanks for sharing.

I am quite keen but for non-winners, the use of photos are not quite clear. The only thing i saw was -

'All contestants authorize the Company the use their works on a non-exclusive basis on Internet networks
for promotional purposes (promotion of the Contest, promotion of the Company's activities), for internal
and external communications, public relations and corporate communication.'

While i understand that they need to promote this competition, i am concerned as many other organisers 'own' the right to the photograph after all contestant submits.

Thanks for sharing.

I am quite keen but for non-winners, the use of photos are not quite clear. The only thing i saw was -

'All contestants authorize the Company the use their works on a non-exclusive basis on Internet networks
for promotional purposes (promotion of the Contest, promotion of the Company's activities), for internal
and external communications, public relations and corporate communication.'

While i understand that they need to promote this competition, i am concerned as many other organisers 'own' the right to the photograph after all contestant submits.

Hi Jace,

Thanks for interesting in this contest.

The right of all submitted photographs will be owned by the brand which is Acian Technologies. Eyeka Asia as the organizer of the contest does not own the right of all the photographs.

Hi Jace,

Thanks for interesting in this contest.

The right of all submitted photographs will be owned by the brand which is Acian Technologies. Eyeka Asia as the organizer of the contest does not own the right of all the photographs.

Thanks for the reply.

Then i would humbly refrain from submitting any pictures to this contest. Its a fantastic way to lose one's photograph.

Last edited:
:bsmilie: Generally speaking, I think there are too many people with over-inflated ego in CS...

If anyone is making reasonable amt of money from their photos, they wouldn't be looking at unknown photography competitions offering $$, then examining the terms and conditions of them yeah?

nothing new, once you submit your photo for contest, you kiss goodbye to them.

:bsmilie: Generally speaking, I think there are too many people with over-inflated ego in CS...

If anyone is making reasonable amt of money from their photos, they wouldn't be looking at unknown photography competitions offering $$, then examining the terms and conditions of them yeah?
You are right, even I want to kiss goodbye to my photos, I prefer to collect some money first. :)

I think you got the wrong point.
I have known of 2 companies which hold photo competitions, then upload a photo of their own which fit into the theme and choose that as the winning image.
This case, the company no need to pay a single cent yet able to enjoy using others photos for publicity.

I have known of 2 companies which hold photo competitions, then upload a photo of their own which fit into the theme and choose that as the winning image.
This case, the company no need to pay a single cent yet able to enjoy using others photos for publicity.

That is very unethical, maybe you should reveal the companies here so that fellow CSer take precaution.

Hi All,

I just want to make the clarification regarding the ownership of the content.

With regards to the community and portfolio, all content belongs to the authors, Eyeka has only a licencing agreement to use the content on its platform only.

About the contest (Call for Entries) and brands, only the winner shall agree to the licencing agreement and should give all right to the brands for the use of its photo/video.

See the details kindly go to http://bdi117.eyeka-asia.com/LOCAL/aciantech/Rules_cfe_ACIAN_20081013.pdf

see Page 3 , Article 6 regarding "Intellectual property"

Anyway, thank you so much for all the feedback and apologies from my end, because i'm still new in the company. :angel:

cheers

Henky Prihatna
http://www.eyeka.asia

Last edited:
I think in Article 6, the word "contestants" should be changed to "winners". Otherwise it is really misleading.

You should name them.
It seems like everyone know of some company who does that, but no one ever dares to confirm who. Should announce the bad apples if everyone is so eager to help the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.