achieving softer skin tones..

Status
Not open for further replies.

savager

Jun 12, 2004
what settings should i adjust to achieve softer skin tones on the subjects' faces? so as not to enhance all the blemishes/spots on the faces.. i'm using a Sony-W1 btw.TIA! :)

OT : should i use flash for shooting ID pics? heard some ppl talking about bounce flash.. but don't think i got the equipment to do it?

well the camera sees what it sees doesnt it? It doesnt lie, does it?

So if someone has lots of blemishes/pits on the face, then he/she needs to accept that such is his/her face, isn't it?

But if person cannot accept how he/she looks then no choice lor, got to do some fantasy thing to make them look they way they imagined themselves to be.

One way is to do makeup or go for facial treatment before take photo so to lie to the camera.

Another way is to do photoshop.

But if got no access to both of these, then you flatten the contrast on their faces - the less contrast the less details. For example make sure their faces are well lighted with no strong directional lighting, and then over expose a little. I do not know how much you can manipulate your camera settings but these are what I do, but usually outside the camera.

well the camera sees what it sees doesnt it? It doesnt lie, does it?

So if someone has lots of blemishes/pits on the face, then he/she needs to accept that such is his/her face, isn't it?

But if person cannot accept how he/she looks then no choice lor, got to do some fantasy thing to make them look they way they imagined themselves to be.

One way is to do makeup or go for facial treatment before take photo so to lie to the camera.

Another way is to do photoshop.

But if got no access to both of these, then you flatten the contrast on their faces - the less contrast the less details. For example make sure their faces are well lighted with no strong directional lighting, and then over expose a little. I do not know how much you can manipulate your camera settings but these are what I do, but usually outside the camera.

i know how to clear the blemishes with photoshop.. but the prob is i know that by playing around with the camera settings.. it can seem to make the face's zits look less enhanced. one of them looks fairer and softer, whereas the other looks redder and a little rougher.. how do i achieve the former?

take some lady stockings and stretch it over the lens. ;)

cheap and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.