Acheiver 115A flash users.. very URGENT HELP needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
I'm about to buy one of these off ebay. But I need to know more before clicking on the "buy" button. I have absolutely no idea how this flash works, or what it works with. All I know is that megaweb uses it for his macro shots. So, please tell me more !! Most important thing I wanna know is ...

1) Will it work as a cordless slaveflash with my on camera flash ?

2) Will it work on Nikon cameras or other old type (kiev, minolta rangefinders etc) cameras ?

3) How does it work ? Does it have a manual switches to control flash power ?

marcwang said:
I'm about to buy one of these off ebay. But I need to know more before clicking on the "buy" button. I have absolutely no idea how this flash works, or what it works with. All I know is that megaweb uses it for his macro shots. So, please tell me more !! Most important thing I wanna know is ...

2) Will it work on Nikon cameras or other old type (kiev, minolta rangefinders etc) cameras ?

All I heard frm Megaweb said that this is a low end flash, only cost ard $25sg locally at any shops, frm that what I hear, it shold just be an ordinary point n shoot to fire flash, not much of a function, how much u r buying anyway??

marcwang said:

1) 115A will not work as a cordless slave flash. 115A/S is the one with the slave function.

2) It can be triggerred by any standard hotshoe.

3) There is no manual switches to control the flash power. It's either full blast or controlled on the sensor on the flash.

the 115A/S is not preflash-coordinated as well. so take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.