Acer trade-in for LCD monitors good?


Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff chen

New Member
Sep 1, 2002
299
0
0
48
Singapore
Visit site
#7
I just got a Philips, not bad. Does Acer have 3 yr warranty? Some gd brands to buy is Viewsonic, Eizo, then there is more affordable brands like Samsung, Philips, Sony, Sharp etc. The lower end ones are like AOC...not so branded lar!
 

K

KingKongChar

Guest
#8
Hiya,

Basically, all LCD are the same unlike CRT monitors. It is only the brand name nia lah.
 

shawntim

New Member
Feb 13, 2002
487
0
0
#9
Originally posted by ckiang
No, the Benq/Acer monitors I've seen are rather crappy. That's why so cheap. The better LCD monitors are from Eizo, Samsung, etc.

Regards
CK
Hi, why are they crappy? Is it inaccurate colours or break down easily?:dunno:
 

Shadus

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
841
0
0
43
HWZ?
mylife.clubsnap.org
#10
Originally posted by ckiang
No, the Benq/Acer monitors I've seen are rather crappy. That's why so cheap. The better LCD monitors are from Eizo, Samsung, etc.

Regards
CK
Actually, I've a Benq LCD at home. Its really quite ok for the price. Of coz, its not comparable to Eizo or Samsung. But its definitely on par with most LCD.

The reason why Acer brand is not use is becoz people tend to associate Acer with low quality, tht's why they change to Benq.

Benq projectors are not bad too, for the price...heh.

Conclusion, can be considered value-for-money product.
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#11
actually, wondering why the ad said Acer.... thought everything is "Benq" since good a while ago. might have been old stocks from the time when the company is still called Acer?
 

#12
Originally posted by shawntim


Hi, why are they crappy? Is it inaccurate colours or break down easily?:dunno:
The colours are not very nice, at least for the ones I've seen in exhibitions (dunno which model, some 15" ones). Most of the cheap LCDs are rather mediocre too.

Originally posted by kingkongchar

Basically, all LCD are the same unlike CRT monitors. It is only the brand name nia lah.
No, you do get what you pay for. The Samsungs and Eizos are the better ones I've seen. The absolute best I've seen is still the Apple CinemaDisplay 22" (there's 23" now...)

Originally posted by shadus

Actually, I've a Benq LCD at home. Its really quite ok for the price. Of coz, its not comparable to Eizo or Samsung. But its definitely on par with most LCD.

The reason why Acer brand is not use is becoz people tend to associate Acer with low quality, tht's why they change to Benq.

Benq projectors are not bad too, for the price...heh.
They might have improved, I dunno. But I was not impressed even at the relatively low prices. Well, if it's of any consolation, at least better than those Prolink and nobrand ones.

Actually, I regard "Benq" with even lower quality than Acer. Especially in SG context where it sounds "Beng". Acer has been around for so long, after being renamed from "MultiTech".

Benq Projectors, no comments. Haven't really seen them. ;p

Regards
CK
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom