Accomodation recommendations for South Island?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

Apr 23, 2005
Hi...already got my itinerary for South Island sorted...need to start booking my accomodation so I will be there end of December/ early Jan...need a place for 2 and dont need to be too lavish...as long as its clean (most important!) with attached bathroom...besides with summer there and longer daylight I think we will prob get home around 10+ pm everyday and leave early the next day...

Have found some places on Lonely Planet and also from the official NZ travel website....Would like to hear about the accomodation u have stayed over there...and if it was a good experience and u would recommend it?

I will be stopping at the following places...
1. Lake Tekapo (inclined towards YHA)
2. Mt Cook (prob not staying in Mt Cook village but outside it such as Twizel or Glentanner Station. Anyone stayed at Glentanner before and how is it like?
3. Queenstown
4. Te Anau
5. Wanaka
6. Franz Josef
7. Greymouth
8. Hanmer Springs
9. Kaikoura
10. Christchurch

I heard that the YHA at Lake Tekapo, Mt cook(but the twin rooms are all taken up), Te Anau, Franz Josef are all pretty nice...any tots on it?

So would be great if I can have your opinions and recommendations on places to stay...prob a mixture of budget and middle range (less than 125 NZD) would be nice.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.