accomodation in Taman Negara

Status
Not open for further replies.

LENS

Apr 8, 2005
Hi guys,

Anyone visited Taman Negara before?
What accomodation you will recommend? I have checked there is a Mutiara Taman Negara. have you stayed in a nice and not expensive accomodation there before?
Thank you.

can't remember the name of the place. think i still have the receipt somewhere. let me check i PM u later.

btw, there's loads of lodgings available, some even look like 4 stars hotel..
Note : try not to signup for package tour, just book the logdings. free and easy is better.

I took a train from JB to JERANTUT ( 4 hrs train ride) follow by another 3 hrs boat trip.

helm said:
can't remember the name of the place. think i still have the receipt somewhere. let me check i PM u later.

btw, there's loads of lodgings available, some even look like 4 stars hotel..
Note : try not to signup for package tour, just book the logdings. free and easy is better.

I took a train from JB to JERANTUT ( 4 hrs train ride) follow by another 3 hrs boat trip.

I have been there few years ago, so getting to Taman Negara is ok for me. But i stayed camping last time. I plan to visit there again with few friends this time, and i wonder how to get the cheap and good accomodation.

I have sent an email to the website your link to me. Hoping they get back to me soon.
Mutiara Taman Negara is like too expensive.

Did you book the lodgings through that website?

Thank you for your info.

I stayed at a place called Tembeling...or somethig like that...real low cost rooms....no heated water....but it was fun....lots of good scenery to shoot there......:)

HI Jedi

Mind showing some of ur photos fm Taman Negara. I've always been wanting to go there for hiking and stuff but never tot of shooting tho.

Hi Guys, Sorry to interrupt yr discussion on Taman Negara. But do anyone know where Changi Cove is? I heard there are lots of birds. I wud like to check it out but dont know how to get there. Your kind assistance much appreciated. Pls call me at 93899737, Thanks.

sure...but it'll be uploaded most probably tmr or the day after....coz i need to study for my exam tommorow...sorry for the delay.....pics are not quite good though....wasnt using my 20D back then....in June...i guess its better to go before the monsoon period or you are goin to be soaking wet....there is a bat cave too....but your cam needs to be darn rugged to go in there....

JediForce4ever said:
I stayed at a place called Tembeling...or somethig like that...real low cost rooms....no heated water....but it was fun....lots of good scenery to shoot there......:)

Hi, so you book the room in advanced?

Hi Lens,

I stayed in Ekoton Chalet near the LBK restaurant. It was quite cosy (with air con).

2 locations die die must visit, bat cave and the waterfall..

helm said:
Hi Lens,

I stayed in Ekoton Chalet near the LBK restaurant. It was quite cosy (with air con).

Thanks helm, I will ask about this Chalet. when i search information about accommodation in Taman Negara, i usually got this few resorts. Mutiara taman negara, luxury and expensive,Rain-forest resorts..but these 2 are said fully booked, i got availability in Nusa camp, but it is more remote from the headquarter, a 15 min boat trip from headquarter. I just wonder will i have problem for exploration if i stay in Nusa camp..

I wonder are there many more chalet around? anyone can help?ha..

Not sure abt Nusa Camp. But there are definitely enough lodgings around.. chalet, domitory, hotels . Infact, there is a small town where the local food is :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think you can actually book the lodgings on the spot. I saw some ang moh did.

Btw, forget abt the night jungle walk, waste of $ and time.

helm said:
Not sure abt Nusa Camp. But there are definitely enough lodgings around.. chalet, domitory, hotels . Infact, there is a small town where the local food is :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think you can actually book the lodgings on the spot. I saw some ang moh did.

Btw, forget abt the night jungle walk, waste of $ and time.

I am waiting for the reply from the agency of that website u recommend. Hope i will get accomodation soons. I am traveling with a group of friends, they won't really go if i tell them to get the acommodation on the spot ha, even i think it is okay to do so.

I appreciate of your help. Thank you very much.

ask for discounts since you're travelling in group.

I wonder is it possible i get those guided exploration package there? i wonder should i get a tour package or free & easy.

What i know is most of the interesting spots like canopy walkway or waterfalls can be explored easily with map and a tour guide isn't really needed.

I went there in March this year. I pitched tents at the campsite, kinda beside the LBK restaurant, but dont think this is what you guys are looking for, right? But beside the place where I pitched the tent, there was this chalet kind of place with a common bathroom for people to bathe one. There was a few floating restaurants there, and also a shop selling supplies.

Its possible to get the guided tour there. There is a NKS branch office (actually its just some tables there la) at the LBK floating restaurant, so when you arrive, you go there and enquire. There are a number of tour guides for you. Btw, I booked thru NKS.

The bat cave (Gua Telinga ) is hard to walk upright. Prepare a poncho if you do not want to stain your clothes with all the bats' droppings. Plus, a torchlight to guide you inside. It will be quite difficult if you have something on your hand to carry around in the cave. Cos we had to climb up many rocks to get out of the cave. I was holding on to one of those camping kind of torchlights. I had to bite the string of the torchlight, so that I have 2 free hands to climb up. So if you are thinking of bringing your cam in, make sure you take good care of it.

If you intend to do some jungle trekking, best is to get a tour guide. I trekked thru the jungle for more than 8km and get to the middle level of the waterfall. For purer water from the fall, get at the top of the falll. So prepare empty bottles, if you wanna collect some back to drink.

lil_princess said:
I went there in March this year. I pitched tents at the campsite, kinda beside the LBK restaurant, but dont think this is what you guys are looking for, right? But beside the place where I pitched the tent, there was this chalet kind of place with a common bathroom for people to bathe one. There was a few floating restaurants there, and also a shop selling supplies.

Its possible to get the guided tour there. There is a NKS branch office (actually its just some tables there la) at the LBK floating restaurant, so when you arrive, you go there and enquire. There are a number of tour guides for you. Btw, I booked thru NKS.

The bat cave (Gua Telinga ) is hard to walk upright. Prepare a poncho if you do not want to stain your clothes with all the bats' droppings. Plus, a torchlight to guide you inside. It will be quite difficult if you have something on your hand to carry around in the cave. Cos we had to climb up many rocks to get out of the cave. I was holding on to one of those camping kind of torchlights. I had to bite the string of the torchlight, so that I have 2 free hands to climb up. So if you are thinking of bringing your cam in, make sure you take good care of it.

If you intend to do some jungle trekking, best is to get a tour guide. I trekked thru the jungle for more than 8km and get to the middle level of the waterfall. For purer water from the fall, get at the top of the falll. So prepare empty bottles, if you wanna collect some back to drink.

Actually i have been there few years ago, and i pitched tents too. But this time, i am going with few other friends, they prefer to stay at rooms. The information i got is like normally there are 3 places you can stay, Mutiara Taman Negara, luxury and near the headquarter, local village at Kuala Tahan, which is a river across the headquarter, the boat trip will be like RM0.50, and i think LBK restaurant and those shops are around there.. and Nusa Camp, which is a 15minute boat trip away from headquarter, and it is more remote..

I can't really book any room in that local village resorts, it looks like those resorts are using website for advanced booking. But through the NKS website, there are package with accommdation in those local village resorts..i am still waiting for their reply about the accomodation.

helm said:
Hi Lens,

yupz...thats the place i stayed too.....got air-con but no heated water,,,,very cold someore....full of cobwebs.....cheap however....I've been to the bat cave but no the waterfall....

LENS said:
I can't really book any room in that local village resorts, it looks like those resorts are using website for advanced booking. But through the NKS website, there are package with accommdation in those local village resorts..i am still waiting for their reply about the accomodation.

I think you can try going with NKS for packages. Rather cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.