Accidentally delete off the folders in my CF


Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AnotherAngle

Guest
#1
I own a QV2900UX for about a month, still not very sure how to use its features.
This morning I took a few shots, have not load it onto my pc yet and I accidentally select a few folders including those that was not uploaded. Now my morning shots were gone. Anyway to undelete to recover the deleted shots?
Any casio QV2900UX users?
Thx :)
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#2
gone means gone. unless you want to engage a data recovery company to see if they could salvage anything out of it.

anyway, I use the bundled Photoloader that uploads the photos automatically.
 

StreetShooter

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,634
0
0
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
#3
If you have Norton utilities and a CF card reader, you may be able to recover the pictures on the CF card.

Don't do anything foolish like formatting until you've tried this! Don't use the CF card to take any more pictures, otherwise your pictures may be overwritten!

Check out this thread. There are a few useful shareware links if you do not have Norton Utilities.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=2173428
 

S

Sphoenix

Guest
#4
Originally posted by AnotherAngle
I own a QV2900UX for about a month, still not very sure how to use its features.
This morning I took a few shots, have not load it onto my pc yet and I accidentally select a few folders including those that was not uploaded. Now my morning shots were gone. Anyway to undelete to recover the deleted shots?
Any casio QV2900UX users?
Thx :)
I believe you should be able to recover using a card reader and a the cf card. (perhaps using the camera in place of the card reader is possible)

when you delete generally the data is not permanently erased, just that the space occupied is now released and available for use. so if you did not take any shots after you deleted the folders you probably have a good chance of recovery using software from the net.
 

S

Sphoenix

Guest
#5
ah just remembered coming across this freeware sometime back. have not tried it personally but it certainly looks like what you're looking for. Let us know your success with this.

Digital Image Recovery

HTH
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
38
East
www.weekai.com
#7
Originally posted by Sphoenix
ah just remembered coming across this freeware sometime back. have not tried it personally but it certainly looks like what you're looking for. Let us know your success with this.

Digital Image Recovery

HTH
it works! Just tried it, it didn't recover all the images, but at least revived 56 out of 64. That's a pretty good hit rate!

Thanks for recommending this freeware, Sphoenix. :)
 

Pinoy

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,702
1
0
ClubSNAP East
www.flickr.com
#8
Originally posted by Sphoenix
ah just remembered coming across this freeware sometime back. have not tried it personally but it certainly looks like what you're looking for. Let us know your success with this.

Digital Image Recovery

HTH
Wow. Interesting piece of software! Written in my fave development tool as well! Delphi! :D

:Later,
 

S

Sphoenix

Guest
#9
Originally posted by mpenza
wow. I didn't know all these. Thanks!
Originally posted by Tweek
it works! Just tried it, it didn't recover all the images, but at least revived 56 out of 64. That's a pretty good hit rate!

Thanks for recommending this freeware, Sphoenix. :)
Originally posted by Pinoy
Wow. Interesting piece of software! Written in my fave development tool as well! Delphi! :D

:Later,
The software must be pretty useful. ;) Anyway am wondering how the original poster is faring...
 

A

AnotherAngle

Guest
#10
Originally posted by Sphoenix




The software must be pretty useful. ;) Anyway am wondering how the original poster is faring...
Thanks to u, I managed to recover some of the shots. Here are some shots recovered:



My son having a haircut, note the aunty barber, very meaty :)



A very satisfying look after the haircut :)

To be continued .....
 

A

AnotherAngle

Guest
#11


A flower shot using the QV2900 long zoom.



A macro shot of a flower the size of a 10 cents coin. Lastly,



A partial recovered shot, can still savaged it by cropping.

With this software, if u realise your mistake early and recover straightaway, it is as good as uploading to the pc. Once again, thanks.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom