Accessories for Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawdeo

Feb 19, 2009
Upper Bukit Timah
Hi all, I am new here :)

Basically I just made my 1st purchase Nikon D60 and it came with Nikon tripod

What other accessories are like a 'must' to purchase? Or would be good to purchase?

Perhaps you guys can enlighten me on that

Thanks in advance

Congrats on your purchase!

Some items you may have or not yet... Lens cleaning kit (blower, brush, etc), UV Filter, CPL filter, Dry Cabinet.

You may find the built in flash is harsh so getting a Flash diffuser for it will help or go for an external flash if you have money to spend.

Better yet, try to go out and take photos and enjoy.

No wonder i had a Déjà vu feeling when i read this thread. :think:
And so I saw something similiar 4 days ago. :sticktong

which is why I point out better, no point to re-type everything.... :bsmilie:

And to TS, PLEASE DO a Search in future.

Agree.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The problem is alot of newly registered member do not know of the "Search" function.
Some will even shoot you back for being unfriendly when you ask them to use the "Search" or Google. :D

Hi all, I am new here :)

Basically I just made my 1st purchase Nikon D60 and it came with Nikon tripod

What other accessories are like a 'must' to purchase? Or would be good to purchase?

Perhaps you guys can enlighten me on that

Thanks in advance

A good book on the basics of photography. Hehe.

And might come as a surprise - patience to withhold the itchy finger to purchase and build and arsenal of photographic equipment. Well, this goes to me as much as to you I think. ;)

It's better to get to know your camera, lens(es) and tripod you have until you are fully familiar with the equipment and find out your true substyles. Once you discover, then you can expand more stably with wise purchases. All the best! :)

The problem is alot of newly registered member do not know of the "Search" function.
Some will even shoot you back for being unfriendly when you ask them to use the "Search" or Google. :D
What do you mean "newly registered member do not know of the "Search" function."?

when I go the any other forums, I will be a newbie there, first thing I look for are FAQ, sticky threads and the search function. Most of the time I got all the answers I'm looking for even before signing up as a member.

Some time members from other forums are not so kind and helpful compare to CS here, asking questions without searching first, no one will reply you, let you sit down there and rotted.

What do you mean "newly registered member do not know of the "Search" function."?

when I go the any other forums, I will be a newbie there, first thing I look for are FAQ, sticky threads and the search function. Most of the time I got all the answers I'm looking for even before signing up as a member.

Some time members from other forums are not so kind and helpful compare to CS here, asking questions without searching first, no one will reply you, let you sit down there and rotted.

And you know why some ppl reply?
To increase their post counts :angel:

Not everyone will look out for all these stuffs.
Who knows maybe this is the first forum that the newbie joined, and they do not know about all this FAQs, stickies, search function?
Anyway, going OT. :)

Not everyone will look out for all these stuffs.
Who knows maybe this is the first forum that the newbie joined, and they do not know about all this FAQs, stickies, search function?
Anyway, going OT. :)

maybe ppl like me always look out for faqs, stickies and search function.. are the reason why i got sooooo little post count. :D

maybe ppl like me always look out for faqs, stickies and search function.. are the reason why i got sooooo little post count. :D

You can always post for critique if you feel up to it.

Sorry guys! Okie I shall use the search function more in future anyway thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.