Accessories for FZ30

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcap

Dec 10, 2005
Hi ppl,
just bought FZ30 a week back. I am interested to get some accessories for it. Any recommendation for flash light, camera bag, wide angle and tel converter other than that from panasonic. Thanks
Cheers

up for u...
becos i also need to know the answer...

elcap said:
Hi ppl,
just bought FZ30 a week back. I am interested to get some accessories for it. Any recommendation for flash light, camera bag, wide angle and tel converter other than that from panasonic. Thanks
Cheers

I believe you will find this website below useful:

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/FZ-30/

Happy shooting with your FZ30 :D

Upping this thread cos I have been doing some research on camera bags for my FZ30. I wanted something relatively compact yet allowed me to keep 1 FZ30, 1 backup battery, mini torchlight and maybe 2 or even 3 converter lenses.

Seems like the Domke F-3X is best suited for my needs. It allows me the luxury of 1 SLR/Prosumer like the FZ30 and possibly a few extra lenses in future. Even if I did upgrade to a DSLR, it probably can continue serving my needs over my currently oversized Billingham.

Only downside is, CP quotes me about S$220 for this bag and they do not have the olive green one I wanted. :cry:

G-man said:
Upping this thread cos I have been doing some research on camera bags for my FZ30. I wanted something relatively compact yet allowed me to keep 1 FZ30, 1 backup battery, mini torchlight and maybe 2 or even 3 converter lenses.

Seems like the Domke F-3X is best suited for my needs. It allows me the luxury of 1 SLR/Prosumer like the FZ30 and possibly a few extra lenses in future. Even if I did upgrade to a DSLR, it probably can continue serving my needs over my currently oversized Billingham.

Only downside is, CP quotes me about S$220 for this bag and they do not have the olive green one I wanted. :cry:

hmm. not getting a lowepro bag?

Not sure yet man. I kindda like the feel of the Domke bags overall.

The Lowepro ones seem to scream Photography Bag to me, but perhaps it's my association of LowePro with photography. Hahaha.

Ok I bit the bullet and went ahead to buy the Domke bag, model F-3X, in black.

I like the spaciousness of it all plus the fact that there're in total, 9 compartments: 1 in front, under the flap, 1 as part of the flap, 2 on either side where the straps connect to the bag, 1 main compartment split in 2 by a removable divider and 2 circular ones which I guess would fit a pair of TC & WC lenses nicely.

The central divider in the main compartment is a little short but that's simply because it's meant to connect to the 2 inner circular compartments via the centre. I am not sure if Domke carries a slightly longer one but this one seems fine for now with some arranging here and there.

Another thing I like is the fact that the back of the bag isn't padded, which translates to a softer overall bag(I kindda prefer softer bags anyway) and since the camera is placed sortta diagonally, with the LCD turned inwards in storage, that works fine for me.

You can store the camera with or without the supplied lens hood. I am keeping mine on for now.

Space is a little tight it seems but it isn't that bad as the 2 side pockets have ample room for a spare battery + charger and a complete cleaning kit or filters if you so desire. Also, you can purchase extra pouches to sling on the main strap if you want to but for now, this works for me. Throwing in an external hotshoe flash should not be a problem as well.

All in, a good compact bag for 1 or even 2 SLRs, I probably will be using this alot more than my Billingham which I find too big for my present digital camera needs.

You can see some suggested layouts for the main compartment of the F-3X here

I walk pass a Sim Lim shop & saw a Sony DSC-R1 fitted with a wide tele converter & 0.8x lens. It's so huge that it looks scary to me...

Dun tell me the FZ-30 with wide or tele converter also like that?

wrx_sti_22b said:
I walk pass a Sim Lim shop & saw a Sony DSC-R1 fitted with a wide tele converter & 0.8x lens. It's so huge that it looks scary to me...

Dun tell me the FZ-30 with wide or tele converter also like that?

Not really. It's smaller than the R1 still.

Just share with you what I have for my FZ30...
Suntax 328DTZ flash $55
Lowepro Nova 3 $52
and DIY bounce cards :D

hmmm.... is there any bounce card available for emoblitz D3328AZ? is the bounce card very expensive...? sorry 1st as i not into bounce card stuff...

oTaRu said:
hmmm.... is there any bounce card available for emoblitz D3328AZ? is the bounce card very expensive...? sorry 1st as i not into bounce card stuff...

can always DIY one..although i'm not really into the mood to create one yet. for now i just use a simple rectangular cardboard as a bounce card.

a white cardboard will do??
then use something to tie both the DIY card with the flash?

oTaRu said:
a white cardboard will do??
then use something to tie both the DIY card with the flash?

er yeap. i use velcro :)

metallilan said:
er yeap. i use velcro :)
hmmm... my english suck... what brand is this velcro? where can i get it leh?? thanks~! :)

oTaRu said:
hmmm... my english suck... what brand is this velcro? where can i get it leh?? thanks~! :)

Velcro is a "sticky" cloth like thing with 2 parts, usually available in black or white or green. If you've served army, you'd know that it USED to be used for your no.4 uniform name patch. You can buy it at beach road army market. I am sure they still sell it. Just stick 1 side to your flash and the other side to your bounce card. Then you can "stick" the bounce card and remove it as and when you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.