Access high rise building in Singapore for photography

Hi Guys

Anyone know any builiding that we can go to the rooftop for photography, what i know so far only Marina Bay Sand park (without tripod), Pinacle Duxton, any other ? please advice.

Thanks

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Hi Guys

Anyone know any builiding that we can go to the rooftop for photography, what i know so far only Marina Bay Sand park (without tripod), Pinacle Duxton, any other ? please advice.

Thanks
Is it really that hard to find out?

here is your answer... Singapore High Rooftops

The first 2 results are what you are looking for....

Last edited:
Is it really that hard to find out?

here is your answer... Singapore High Rooftops

The first 2 results are what you are looking for....
Sorry, What i mean the location available for photographer to setup the tripod ? because most of current rooftop owned by either restaurant or bar and only open for patron without tripod and camera setup.

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
1-Altitude, but not free. tripod allowed.
Nope.. no longer allowed. Used to be allowed,... now not allowed.. also cannot have anything over the 5 ft plexi glass wall... And they set up a 1m barrier in front of the glass walls too...

And admission is like $40 or something, but includes one drink.

I managed to go up there FOC one time by invitation... very hard to shoot with all the reflection... As it gets later it is easier to shoot but most of the shots still have to shoot through plexi glass.

This is one of the pictures I shot up there... handheld. http://darthbertz.blogspot.sg/2012/06/high-altitude.html

Last edited:

Bukitimah

Nov 28, 2010
Singapore
I saw OUB has a roof garden. Not sure it is opened to public or paid customers.

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
Visit site
There are so many accessible high rise buildings around, depending on which location you want to go. Top few floors of HDB flats are as good as roof tops.

Jun 23, 2011
Singapore-
There are so many accessible high rise buildings around, depending on which location you want to go. Top few floors of HDB flats are as good as roof tops.
yup you bet. i stay on the 30th floor and i can see marina bay though my place is at bukit panjang.

once on a client visit managed to take a few pictures from their office from an iphone through the glass panes imageshack.us/g/713/img0500uh.jpg/

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Actually, want to shoot nice landscapes/cityscapes, need to be a little more proactive, and start scouting for spots la... don't wait for locations to fall into your lap... and if you only go to locations that others have gone, what is the fun in that? especially when you end up with same pictures of those who went before you?

CamInit

Nov 3, 2009
Actually, want to shoot nice landscapes/cityscapes, need to be a little more proactive, and start scouting for spots la... don't wait for locations to fall into your lap... and if you only go to locations that others have gone, what is the fun in that? especially when you end up with same pictures of those who went before you?
Exactly! Nowadays when nothing else to shoot, I go do random walk to the nearest block I can access, check out the view and spot other blocks with potential views, then walk over. Rinse and repeat. Found a good spot, camp for golden/blue hour. Feels really good when you found a spot that's not shot to death. Sweat a lot along the way but take it as good exercise as well.

IsenGrim

Jan 28, 2008
May places which disallow tripods will allow magic arms. EG MBC sky terrace allows magic arms.

Top Bottom