Abt Viewfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO i dont like EVF. most of them are very very lousy (except on the S7000, which I love...) and grainy. with some exceptions. Optical viewfinders give you a very clear image. its also a lot easier to manually focus. i also dont see why the EVF is so important since all of the relevant information (i.e. aperture, shutter speed, etc.) are all listed under the optical VF. But i guess on some cameras it is impossible to install the required mirrors. Only on SLRs...

i personally do not like lcd viewfinders or displays... id just rather shoot through the optical viewfinder. its real life, and as sharp as my eye can be.

with optical viewfinder you can still see your friend at night... without or just relying on lcd... cannot see

EVF sucks during low light....regardless how how many pixels it cn provide.

Optical viewfinder is good cos what u see is what u get..anyway already have the LCD, y need another "small" LCD?

And of cos it saves some electricity :)

I think we need to know the context of the question - are we talking about DSLR or non-SLR? If non-SLR, whether the view-finder is optical or EVF?

If non-SLR and optical, then should try and use LCD since usually the LCD is a more accurate representation of what you are going to take. In any case you won't be able to do TTL manual focus so no point.

If non-SLR but EVF, then its really up to you. But should try and use the one with more resolution. If I remember correctly, the F828 has a EVF that has a higher resolution than the LCD screen.

If DSLR, then there is no choice. With the exception of one or two specific models, most DSLR have only got view-finder.

previously owned a s602, use the EVF in a dim lit room...though my eyes can still see the object I'm goin to focus on, on the LCD or EVF it shows all dark...as a matter of fact It cannot be focus...and also It poses another problem, manual focussing defeat its purpose totally...u can't see how r u goin to manual focus?

IMHO..EVF still sucks! :)

I heard from a friend of mine that Optical viewfinders have a bit of angle error? Yes, I believe the using the Optical Viewfinder, you get what you see...and that's where the real skill comes in isn't it?

parallex error...coz wat u are seeing is not exactly thru the lens..

Status
Not open for further replies.