abt hood

shrekguy

Dec 21, 2010
singapore
www.flickr.com
can anyone tell me where can i buy the hood for canon 550D lens 18-135mm ?
thx for helping

you can try the 'mass sales' or 'canon buy/sell' section where u can find seller selling 3rd party hoods. If you are talking about original hoods which i dun recommend (very exp, but work the same). But first of cos you will need to find out exactly what hood is 18-135mm using :)

abt how do i know what hood it use?
so i cant find any at shop??
cos when i buy is cam and the lens did not come with any hood so it said for is lens dun need hood for it right?

cos when i buy is cam and the lens did not come with any hood so it said for is lens dun need hood for it right?
u can go canon website to do a search on the hood u are using. . shops got sell also. . you may wan to read up on what are lens hood use for. .

You need to know what's the filter size of your Lens...that is the diameter...e.g. 58mm, 62 mm etc.. Look carefully, you'll find it on the lens. With that size you've known, look for a shop online that sells.
Hope this helps ;)

You need to know what's the filter size of your Lens...that is the diameter...e.g. 58mm, 62 mm etc.. Look carefully, you'll find it on the lens. With that size you've known, look for a shop online that sells.
Hope this helps ;)

here's what i found.
It's 67mm if i'm not mistaken and for Canon lens hood, it's EW-73B...
see here for sale...
http://store.tagotech.com/index.php?cPath=47_63
or other stores online that may carry the item.

Hey Shrekguy,

you're not Shrek from FDS-PLAB are you?

Haha..

sorry.. mistaken you for my Army-mate (his nick was Shrek..)

Nice to meet you too..

Hope this helps ;)

It's not only filter thread size. Wider lenses need to have shorter hoods otherwise will have vignetting. I think most of the shops in the mass sales section do indicate which third party hoods fit on which lenses.

brapodam said:
It's not only filter thread size. Wider lenses need to have shorter hoods otherwise will have vignetting. I think most of the shops in the mass sales section do indicate which third party hoods fit on which lenses.

Yes and TS stated 18-135, which isn't a wide angle lens so no issues on vignetting. Further more he's asking where to get from n required guidance which i've mentioned earlier. It's his choice where he gets from in the end after doing his homework.