Abstract Shots @ Sentosa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Hi all,
My gang and i decided to explore Sentosa for the weekend:cool:~ And these are the output i mentioned to get out of 466 shots, 6 hours of walk around Sentosa and haha, the tan on just my hand and face (luckily i don't wear sleeveless nowadays)~ Anyway, it was fun! Hmm, and thus, here it goes, some photos to share and ya, as usual, C & Cs welcome~ :DHope you guys don't get sick of these type of edited photos. I am starting to get worried abt my ability in producing proper colour shots....:cry:

1) The first shot. Scales on the merlion~Looks so solid and the colour caused by the casting of the sunlight makes it to look rather golden brown. Somehow, reminds me of the movie "满城都是黄金甲". And thus i PP it to look gold, keeping the shadows and the title,甲

DSC_2344e_for_web.jpg

2)The shelter of the monorail. Don't really know how to title it. But just like the curves of it against the sky.

DSC_2357e_for_web.jpg

3) Sometimes, in order to climb high in this society... we really needs a good guide. 可遇不可求 i would say.

DSC_2394e_for_web.jpg

4) Feel it best describe what a lot of people are facing. A lot of people are basically, flying around in circles...Not knowing what they really want.

DSC_2397e_for_web.jpg

5) Love the waviness and the curves. And the colour after i post processed it.

DSC_2413e_for_web.jpg

6) This shot gives me a feel of enclosure. But then, sometimes, some light tends to seep through and change the whole picture. Applies to our daily lifes when we face problem i guess. When we are down or depress, we tends to isolate or close our heart and mind from the world. Then, on a particular day, something just strike us and somehow cheer us up. And when we are happy, no problem is a problem.

DSC_2464e_for_web.jpg

7) Like the angle.

DSC_2454e_for_web.jpg

8) Feel it.

DSC_2476e_for_web.jpg

9) Loves the honeycomb pattern.

DSC_2487e_for_web.jpg

10) The patterns and the change in the tone, i personally feel, is rather nice.

DSC_2493e_for_web.jpg

Ok, max upload for the day liao. Got quite a number of shots still in the process of PP. Will upload them tomorrow, i guess. Not sure how late i gonna work with my machines tomorrow..................

Anyway, hope you guys like them~

Good stuff. More please.
My only "complaint" is that for no.4, a lot of distractions in the background. If you have isolated the subject more, or gone closer, might have been better.

u have a good eye. keep shooting more.

Your abstracts are SO EXCELLENT!!!!!!

you have a great eye for abstracts

good stuff. :thumbsup:

Nice ! I like those pictures!

Very lovely abstract series! You have a very keen eye. Would love to see more pics! :)

u have a good eye. keep shooting more.

nice nice :thumbsup:

you have a great eye for abstracts

Thanks guys~ Appreciate your encouragements. Just hope you guys don't get sick of "Non-Normal Colours" Shots. :embrass:

Will definitely shoot more to share~ Meanwhile, i will post some more shots from this series after i PP them~

Good stuff. More please.
My only "complaint" is that for no.4, a lot of distractions in the background. If you have isolated the subject more, or gone closer, might have been better.

Hi grumpy, thanks for your comments~ Hmm, i did try to crop the surroundings, but found that the crop is a bit tight... So i left it this way. :D

many pics are most that we often would not take a second glance pics..good catch and well seen :thumbsup:

Ya, i always try to look for something new and is unnoticed by most people in order to bring out the uniqueness in my shots nowadays. Like i mentioned in my earlier post, i kinda got worried if one day, people will get sick of my shots if they are shot this way too often. Was wondering if i could do some abstract using moments of people as the main object. After all, all of us are unique and different in our own way. :) And last but not least, thanks for your comments! Hope you enjoy them~ Will post more either tonight or the next few days~ Do drop by if you like the series~:D

i like the first one

Man u have great eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.