Abstract Shots @ Sentosa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Hi all,
My gang and i decided to explore Sentosa for the weekend:cool:~ And these are the output i mentioned to get out of 466 shots, 6 hours of walk around Sentosa and haha, the tan on just my hand and face (luckily i don't wear sleeveless nowadays)~ Anyway, it was fun! Hmm, and thus, here it goes, some photos to share and ya, as usual, C & Cs welcome~ :DHope you guys don't get sick of these type of edited photos. I am starting to get worried abt my ability in producing proper colour shots....:cry:

1) The first shot. Scales on the merlion~Looks so solid and the colour caused by the casting of the sunlight makes it to look rather golden brown. Somehow, reminds me of the movie "满城都是黄金甲". And thus i PP it to look gold, keeping the shadows and the title,甲

2)The shelter of the monorail. Don't really know how to title it. But just like the curves of it against the sky.

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
3) Sometimes, in order to climb high in this society... we really needs a good guide. 可遇不可求 i would say.

4) Feel it best describe what a lot of people are facing. A lot of people are basically, flying around in circles...Not knowing what they really want.

5) Love the waviness and the curves. And the colour after i post processed it.

6) This shot gives me a feel of enclosure. But then, sometimes, some light tends to seep through and change the whole picture. Applies to our daily lifes when we face problem i guess. When we are down or depress, we tends to isolate or close our heart and mind from the world. Then, on a particular day, something just strike us and somehow cheer us up. And when we are happy, no problem is a problem.

7) Like the angle.

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
8) Feel it.

9) Loves the honeycomb pattern.

10) The patterns and the change in the tone, i personally feel, is rather nice.

Ok, max upload for the day liao. Got quite a number of shots still in the process of PP. Will upload them tomorrow, i guess. Not sure how late i gonna work with my machines tomorrow..................

Anyway, hope you guys like them~

grumpy

Jun 9, 2006
Good stuff. More please.
My only "complaint" is that for no.4, a lot of distractions in the background. If you have isolated the subject more, or gone closer, might have been better.

jfoo

Apr 7, 2004
u have a good eye. keep shooting more.

Oly5050

Feb 1, 2005
Your abstracts are SO EXCELLENT!!!!!!

graphicz

Oct 28, 2006
you have a great eye for abstracts

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
good stuff. :thumbsup:
Nice ! I like those pictures!
Very lovely abstract series! You have a very keen eye. Would love to see more pics! :)
u have a good eye. keep shooting more.
nice nice :thumbsup:
you have a great eye for abstracts
Thanks guys~ Appreciate your encouragements. Just hope you guys don't get sick of "Non-Normal Colours" Shots. :embrass:

Will definitely shoot more to share~ Meanwhile, i will post some more shots from this series after i PP them~

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Good stuff. More please.
My only "complaint" is that for no.4, a lot of distractions in the background. If you have isolated the subject more, or gone closer, might have been better.
Hi grumpy, thanks for your comments~ Hmm, i did try to crop the surroundings, but found that the crop is a bit tight... So i left it this way. :D

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
many pics are most that we often would not take a second glance pics..good catch and well seen :thumbsup:
Ya, i always try to look for something new and is unnoticed by most people in order to bring out the uniqueness in my shots nowadays. Like i mentioned in my earlier post, i kinda got worried if one day, people will get sick of my shots if they are shot this way too often. Was wondering if i could do some abstract using moments of people as the main object. After all, all of us are unique and different in our own way. :) And last but not least, thanks for your comments! Hope you enjoy them~ Will post more either tonight or the next few days~ Do drop by if you like the series~:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom