abstract? please comment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dda95

Oct 3, 2004
yellowmonolith.jpg

orangemonolith.jpg

point.jpg

ermm.. newb experimental venture into shooting 'abstract' stuff.. tips for improving?

I hope you don't mind. I converted 3rd photo to b&w. Just experimenting how it wld look.
I'll delete it if you tell me to.

8461dda95_work-med.jpg

dun know about the abstract factor....but 1 and 3 will make good landscape shots nonetheless....

btw....3rd shot in landscape will look even nicer.....

hey.. thank you.. that's much better! more mood and 'feel' to the picture. makes the cloud stands out more :)

nopeee... dun mind at all. that's what photography is all about isn't it? experience and experimentation :D

technical issues aside..all the photos look good :thumbsup:

dda95 said:
hey.. thank you.. that's much better! more mood and 'feel' to the picture. makes the cloud stands out more :)

nopeee... dun mind at all. that's what photography is all about isn't it? experience and experimentation :D

Your photo was good to start with. :thumbsup:

the 3rd picture's very very nice.... very nice blue.... very nice piece of cloud in the middle of the sky... :thumbsup:

hey.. thank you guys.. really really appreciate your comments.. very encouraging! :) almost didn't post the third pic cos i tot it was too plain!

do ignore my comments if you think they are a tad harsh, but i feel there isn't much "feeling" in your pictures.

imho, shots like these do not really evoke any emotion in me, and they look normal, with a pleasant background to match.

perhaps, a sense of motion (slow shutter, during high winds) or a picture taken at a lower angle (esp for first shot) will generate more than a 'first' look.

but a good effort, since you are a newbie. keep it up! :)

dda95 said:
hey.. thank you guys.. really really appreciate your comments.. very encouraging! :) almost didn't post the third pic cos i tot it was too plain!

Hi dda95,

I too like the 3rd shot :thumbsup:

Stefen said:
do ignore my comments if you think they are a tad harsh, but i feel there isn't much "feeling" in your pictures.

imho, shots like these do not really evoke any emotion in me, and they look normal, with a pleasant background to match.

perhaps, a sense of motion (slow shutter, during high winds) or a picture taken at a lower angle (esp for first shot) will generate more than a 'first' look.

but a good effort, since you are a newbie. keep it up! :)

dun worry! critique is very welcomed here! i'm still learning.. so it's one of the ways to improve :) i'd find my style one day..

i like pic 3 too..... very nice... the look of the fence extending all the way to horizon....

Ben1223 said:
I hope you don't mind. I converted 3rd photo to b&w. Just experimenting how it wld look.
I'll delete it if you tell me to.

8461dda95_work-med.jpg

Mmm. How come sometimes I can see the photo but sometimes cannot.
I can see those 3 pict. posted in the first post, but not this one. Why hur?

Thanks
Raymond

Status
Not open for further replies.