abstract? please comment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dda95

Oct 3, 2004

ermm.. newb experimental venture into shooting 'abstract' stuff.. tips for improving?

Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
dun know about the abstract factor....but 1 and 3 will make good landscape shots nonetheless....

btw....3rd shot in landscape will look even nicer.....

dda95

Oct 3, 2004
hey.. thank you.. that's much better! more mood and 'feel' to the picture. makes the cloud stands out more :)

nopeee... dun mind at all. that's what photography is all about isn't it? experience and experimentation :D

user111

Jul 27, 2004
technical issues aside..all the photos look good :thumbsup:

Ben1223

Feb 16, 2004
Bedok, Singapore
www.flickr.com
dda95 said:
hey.. thank you.. that's much better! more mood and 'feel' to the picture. makes the cloud stands out more :)

nopeee... dun mind at all. that's what photography is all about isn't it? experience and experimentation :D
Your photo was good to start with. :thumbsup:

jonlou

Mar 24, 2004
SG
the 3rd picture's very very nice.... very nice blue.... very nice piece of cloud in the middle of the sky... :thumbsup:

dda95

Oct 3, 2004
hey.. thank you guys.. really really appreciate your comments.. very encouraging! :) almost didn't post the third pic cos i tot it was too plain!

Stefen

Apr 26, 2003
Beijing
www.stefenchow.com
do ignore my comments if you think they are a tad harsh, but i feel there isn't much "feeling" in your pictures.

imho, shots like these do not really evoke any emotion in me, and they look normal, with a pleasant background to match.

perhaps, a sense of motion (slow shutter, during high winds) or a picture taken at a lower angle (esp for first shot) will generate more than a 'first' look.

but a good effort, since you are a newbie. keep it up! :)

Pablo

Sep 1, 2004
Blue/Green Planet
dda95 said:
hey.. thank you guys.. really really appreciate your comments.. very encouraging! :) almost didn't post the third pic cos i tot it was too plain!
Hi dda95,

I too like the 3rd shot :thumbsup:

dda95

Oct 3, 2004
Stefen said:
do ignore my comments if you think they are a tad harsh, but i feel there isn't much "feeling" in your pictures.

imho, shots like these do not really evoke any emotion in me, and they look normal, with a pleasant background to match.

perhaps, a sense of motion (slow shutter, during high winds) or a picture taken at a lower angle (esp for first shot) will generate more than a 'first' look.

but a good effort, since you are a newbie. keep it up! :)
dun worry! critique is very welcomed here! i'm still learning.. so it's one of the ways to improve :) i'd find my style one day..

erictan8888

Nov 9, 2004
Singapore
i like pic 3 too..... very nice... the look of the fence extending all the way to horizon....

Oct 21, 2003
Ben1223 said:
I hope you don't mind. I converted 3rd photo to b&w. Just experimenting how it wld look.
I'll delete it if you tell me to.

Mmm. How come sometimes I can see the photo but sometimes cannot.
I can see those 3 pict. posted in the first post, but not this one. Why hur?

Thanks
Raymond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom