Abstract Idea in Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeter

May 1, 2004
Don't know if it works for you guys, but here's my work.

P2100074.jpg

Good! Just that I didn't like the black triangular at the left top corner.......would be better without it I feel......reminds me a bit of the movie...wah, forgot the name, something with dagger.....Russel Wong took some pics on the set.....

HS

oic... thnx for the comments !! that movie izzit House of Flying Daggers ? something similar ? haha... but i nv watch it.

it look nice loh. But what are u trying to say from this photo? It jus for viewing pleasure?

doesn't work for me, since you composed this as an abstract perhaps you will like to elaborate :)

opps, actually i don't know if it applies to you guys, but to me, it's saying that after all the danger (red cloth) there would be a nice view of the world (the blue cloudy sky)

As i said, this does not apply to all i think ! :) tell me what this photo tells you, maybe it seems meaningless too, but its okay, just share it with us !

leeter said:
opps, actually i don't know if it applies to you guys, but to me, it's saying that after all the danger (red cloth) there would be a nice view of the world (the blue cloudy sky)

As i said, this does not apply to all i think ! :) tell me what this photo tells you, maybe it seems meaningless too, but its okay, just share it with us !

hmm ... sorry, i don't see danger in the red cloth ... and the cloudy sky doesn't feel positive enough, just my personal opinions

Why must a picture always has something to say? Even abstract......just enjoy the view/image lah!......if you want to find out the 'hidden' meaning of everything you may forget to experience life.....

IMHO in art, everything has a meaning, every artist has a message or a feeling to evoke with his/her image/painting/sculpture.

The artist does not do his/her art just because it looks nice.
That is why good works can command a high value.

leeter has created an image with a message in mind, that makes it art

Thnx guys for all the comments and telling me what art shld be.

And i guess this proves that beauty is in the eye of the beholder (don't know use correctly anot). but what seems to me might be completely different from others. Guess it's okay, i'll try harder !! :)

leeter said:
Thnx guys for all the comments and telling me what art shld be.

And i guess this proves that beauty is in the eye of the beholder (don't know use correctly anot). but what seems to me might be completely different from others. Guess it's okay, i'll try harder !! :)
You may have to think about whether you make images for yourself or for others.....it may work for you, and if that makes you happy it works! All depends what you want to do with it....I guess.

But if you want to create something for others and no one understands it, then there is something you need to change?

For me this one is nice, looks nice, simple....its like listening to those traditional japanese music: one instrument, one tone......but it is the purity of the tone that makes it so beautiful.......just the tone is enough.....in this picture I can already feel the wind flowing through the red curtains....isnt that already a great experience?

To call things art or not is the job of an art dealer, or art critic.....

HS

thnx hongsien for the comments and explainations !!

:) yea, i think i this picture can't really be understood, but at least most of you guys find it to be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.