Jul 9, 2003
www.oceanicfocus.com
Pictures taken last weekend at Tioman

snake-eel-1.jpg

sandcrab.jpg

furabranch.jpg

benny-3.jpg

WhyZzzzzz said:
you stone down there for how long before the fish come out ?

Which fish your referring to ? The snake eel or the gobies ?

For the snake eel, it just stayed there the whole day. It can be quite difficult to spot. Spotted at Selang house reef at abt 16m

For the gobies, the difficulty is to capture it at close distance but yet not frighten it away. Used two macro lens stacked together so that I would not be that close to the fish but yet still get the magnification. Zoom in max first then zoom out a bit to obtain a further focus distance for the macro lens. A bit technical here. You have to try to understand what I meant.

For taking gobies, it best that u appoached it from far first and then slowly moved toward it. This way the fish is more approached and would not be frighten

beivied said:
how big was the pleurobranch?

This pleurobranch is about 30 cm. Spotted at Tioman Marine Park at about 10m. At first thought it a spanish dancer.

not bad not bad...
the 2nd one abit hard to spot :)

Goondoo said:
indeed looks cute, but the blue tint looks wierd....

In this case the exposeure setting is almost for the ambient lighting. And the strobes light intensity just lit slightly more than the ambient light. Areas hit by strobe light--> daylight colour, area not hit by strobe light (i.e. shadow) would show the ambient uw colour (i.e. bluish / greenish).

Luv4nature said:
In this case the exposeure setting is almost for the ambient lighting. And the strobes light intensity just lit slightly more than the ambient light. Areas hit by strobe light--> daylight colour, area not hit by strobe light (i.e. shadow) would show the ambient uw colour (i.e. bluish / greenish).

Very well explain. Thanks.

For this shot, the strobe exposure is very minimal as the need to balance the available ambient light.

Photosmart said:
Very well explain. Thanks.

For this shot, the strobe exposure is very minimal as the need to balance the available ambient light.

finally found u, can tell me where to buy nikon d70 or d100 u/w casing.....

please reply to me at thread by copperbird cos i may lost again while searching for you

thks

copperbird said:
finally found u, can tell me where to buy nikon d70 or d100 u/w casing.....

please reply to me at thread by copperbird cos i may lost again while searching for you

thks

err...you should send him a PM. Photosmart is an esteemed forum member who does not mix business with pleasure....... :bsmilie:

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.