About street photography..

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
if u see a kid on the street, and you wanted to take a picture of him/her, but the parents are busy looking at other things.. and you are thinking "my gosh! this angle take very nice.. especially when he/she is running like that!" and when you finally take the shot, his/her parents saw you and got very angry. and demanded that you to take out the negatives and destroy it in front of them.. but other than the kid's picture, you have other plentiful of super fantastic shots in that roll of film..

what would u do??

Basically they have no rights to do that, you owned the copyright of any images taken by you in a public area. If they get angry and smashed your camera, GREAT!! You can get a new cam!

Unless it's an upskirt shots... :p

Hrm, I remeber reading an article about such issue somewhere, on Newpaper, I think... :confused:

oh! ok thanks ;)

and also, how do u approach people for photo-taking? how do u judge if they are the willing kind of people who allow me to shoot? cos i scared when there is alot of people looking, and i ask the parent, but he/she say NO! then very malu.. haha...

In that case, u must have done something ugly:p, otherwise I dun see y the parents shall be angry with u? A smile of appreciation from heart is easily identified. btw, dun shoot when ppl get upset.

Originally posted by tomshen
In that case, u must have done something ugly:p, otherwise I dun see y the parents shall be angry with u? A smile of appreciation from heart is easily identified. btw, dun shoot when ppl get upset.

"Your kid is ssooooooooooooo cuuuuuteeee. Can I take a picture of him/her?" :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

"Your kid is ssooooooooooooo cuuuuuteeee. Can I take a picture of him/her?" :)

Regards
CK

Sounds like a potential kidnapper to me :p

Some parents indeed can be very protective. Well, can't blame them though. With so many horrible news about pedophilia cases (child molesting, child abducters, murders, etc) dominating the news media these days, parents cannot be too careful. Therefore, I personally think it would be advisable, to have a female companion with you when you take the pictures. It is not a guarantee but it might help.

Originally posted by rty
...Therefore, I personally think it would be advisable, to have a female companion with you when you take the pictures. It is not a guarantee but it might help.

That's the worst part, my wifey doesn't like photography and she won't allow me to bring any girlfriends along...

Sob* :cry:

Originally posted by togu

That's the worst part, my wifey doesn't like photography and she won't allow me to bring any girlfriends along...

Sob* :cry:

therefore, spouses interest is very important.

agree?

some time i saw those very cute kids playing and i wanted to take my cam out but was afraid that the parent will give me panda eyes.......

Originally posted by jlpk007
some time i saw those very cute kids playing and i wanted to take my cam out but was afraid that the parent will give me panda eyes.......

same here.... and i am afraid to approach them too... :(

pose as a tourist. do not speak any comprehensible language.

Originally posted by kailord
pose as a tourist. do not speak any comprehensible language.

alrite! err... very very casual clothing...
and hang the cam around your neck..

Originally posted by behyx

alrite! err... very very casual clothing...
and hang the cam around your neck..

just do the "japanese stuff"

Originally posted by behyx
therefore, spouses interest is very important. agree?
Can't agree more. Applies to most things in life.

u'll need "singapore is a fine city" or "merlion" t-shirt.
bermudas would be fine, with sandals.
if u have those tour group badges even better.

or get one of the group members to pose as tourguide wielding flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.