About Nikon film camera viewfinder size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiro MS08th

Aug 13, 2004
Singapore
As the topic.
Is all Nikon film cameras viewfinder the same size?
Cause I compared my friend film camera, I think should be FE10 to my D70, the viewfinder is much bigger than D70.

So I was wondering if all the Nikon film cameras viewfinders is the same size or not?

Thanks in advanced!

As the topic.
Is all Nikon film cameras viewfinder the same size?
Cause I compared my friend film camera, I think should be FE10 to my D70, the viewfinder is much bigger than D70.

So I was wondering if all the Nikon film cameras viewfinders is the same size or not?

Thanks in advanced!
FE10 is full frame and D70 is cropped. Since D70 is using the older viewfinder magnification, it appears smaller. However, on the D80 and D200, the magnification is higher. You can use DK21m to increase the magnification.

Used a 1Ds MkII over the weekend.
it's VF is still smaller than the Nikon F5 despite being FF.

Used a 1Ds MkII over the weekend.
it's VF is still smaller than the Nikon F5 despite being FF.

Agree with you. The Canon 1-series got some very sexy curves but unfortunately, this design affects the size of the viewfinder prism. The F5 viewfinder is still the best. The VF prism big big and the peephole is big and round one. Wait.... maybe got better one. F3HP vs F5 (wrt VF), who win ?

Agree with you. The Canon 1-series got some very sexy curves but unfortunately, this design affects the size of the viewfinder prism. The F5 viewfinder is still the best. The VF prism big big and the peephole is big and round one. Wait.... maybe got better one. F3HP vs F5 (wrt VF), who win ?
F4 and F5 viewfinder are equivalent to F3HP but F5 one is brighter.

So is it true that all Nikon film cameras viewfinder size is the same?
As in much bigger than the DSLR counterpart.

Cause feel like buying a cheap used SLR to play with some MF AI-S lens.

Thanks.

So is it true that all Nikon film cameras viewfinder size is the same?
As in much bigger than the DSLR counterpart.

Cause feel like buying a cheap used SLR to play with some MF AI-S lens.

Thanks.
Most are about the same. However, I vaguely remember FM10 is slightly smaller but still useable.

Most are about the same. However, I vaguely remember FM10 is slightly smaller but still useable.

Thanks!

Cause thinking of getting used F70/F90x/FE10, etc...
But more towards AF cam, so can also use with my AF lens.

not all film cameras viewfinders are the same
slightly different

go for the round viewfinders, they are normally better

Regardless of SLR or DSLR, normally the pro bodies don't have built-in flash, have a bigger prism and the round VF peephole. These 3 features normally come together hand-in-hand.
If you have built-in flash, then you will also have a smaller prism.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Will try to go test out if there is one for selling.
Saw F70, F801s, but F70 is not the round VF one.

But oh well, test first if able.

Status
Not open for further replies.