About Lightroom 4

noitulove

Apr 22, 2011
Hi, I wanted to purchase Lightroom 4 for my photo editing. I saw on Adobe website it cose SGD178.75. I would like to ask whether it is good to purchase it online (download) or buy it at local shop. And will it be cheaper at shop?

Thanks!

How can it be cheaper in a shop, where you need to pay for box and CD, shop rental and staff salary? Adobe seem to control the prices.
Download is faster, create your own CD if necessary.

Thanks for the replies.. I saw cs some are selling at $120 and $150. Unused product key. I assumed it is safe to buy from them? It is much cheaper.

Thanks for the replies.. I saw cs some are selling at $120 and $150. Unused product key. I assumed it is safe to buy from them? It is much cheaper.

If you have doubts, then don't. Anything to do with product key is all down to the honesty of the seller. How are we to gauge if the seller is honest?

Sounds strange. Could be they got upgrade keys, which require an existing LR3 installation. These upgrade keys are cheaper than a key for a new LR4 installation.

Sounds strange. Could be they got upgrade keys, which require an existing LR3 installation. These upgrade keys are cheaper than a key for a new LR4 installation.

Many people got LR for free with some product purchases. Then sell them for a quick $

I understand that the recent purchase of Canon 6D comes with the LR4 as one of the freebies. To me it is fine to sell it off as one may not want to use it or already has it, as long as it is functionable and cheaper than in the market. Of course this will fund part of the camera cost. I myself have sold some of the freebies at almost 50% of the original price.

Wiling seller willing buyer. :)

If u are a student, there a student price for lightroom. (not sure is it still available)

Thanks for the replies! Indeed there is student price! I have order a copy. I think its a good price at $72 incl. tax.

For the student price is there like a standard shop I must go or any shop that sells it eg Cathay photo?

I purchased on the adobe SEA website.. Im not sure if u can get student price through shops. Becos in order to qualify for student/staff, u required to upload a proof, such as student ID, then wait for approval from adobe. Which thereafter u can then download the lightroom.

I got my full licensed box copy for $149 sgd at sls software shops.

I see I see but can we get student deals at those stores? 0.0

I see I see but can we get student deals at those stores? 0.0

No. Only distributors with educational channels are allowed to sell educational licenses. And for all educational purchases you need to produce a student id (if you are a student) or your credentials if you are an educator. If you are neither, it will be illegal for you to use it and just as bad as using a pirated copy. And you cannot use it for commercial purposes.

If you are not a student nor educator or if you intend to process any paid work, i strongly suggest you get the full licensed version. It is not that much more expensive.

Last edited: