About Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

doremonx

Oct 26, 2005
Hillview
A few questions about dry cabinet. Appreciate some advice.

1. What should be the setting on the humidity level?
2. What are the photography (digital) related items NOT SUITABLE to put into the dry cabinet?

Thanks.

Rtfm:)

Thanks! I will definitely RTFM once I received the cabinet I ordered.

I just thought that I can get some advice here.

ooh....haha for mine first set to "ON" for 24hrs then later set to Med.....humid. shld be abt 45-50 i guess but is alrite that it goes up after u put in ur stuff...:) ..then it shld go back down

Ard 50% should do the trick (read 40%-60% would be ok).

Try not to set it too low (ie 20%) cos the rubber on your camera will dry up and peel off.

solarii said:
Ard 50% should do the trick (read 40%-60% would be ok).

Try not to set it too high (ie 80%) cos the rubber on your camera will dry up and peel off.

Errrr Solarii, isn't 80% RH means more humid condition? :dunno:

Ooops....sorry. Wrong end of the scale. 20-30% would be too dry. 80%'s too humid.

doremonx said:
A few questions about dry cabinet. Appreciate some advice.

1. What should be the setting on the humidity level?
2. What are the photography (digital) related items NOT SUITABLE to put into the dry cabinet?

Thanks.
Please do a search in this forum, you will find lots of answers regarding dry cabinet.

ortega said:
well done, you are learning

now is your turn to teach others

btw the manual has full details about the tread starters questions
He have not got the thing yet, where got manual for him to read?:bsmilie:
Btw, ask him to do a search liao.

catchlights said:
He have not got the thing yet, where got manual for him to read?:bsmilie:
Btw, ask him to do a search liao.

i feel that it would not be of use to know the settings early as the cabi is not there to set.

back to the question by original treadstarter:
anyway after setting the cabi you need to place your gear in and close the door.
leave it for a day and review the humidity level and adjust again.

then close the door and leave it for another day and check again.

Do this until the humidity level is correct.

Don't forget that once you open the door the humidity level will change.
you got to give it some time to do it's stuff.

ortega said:
i feel that it would not be of use to know the settings early as the cabi is not there to set.

back to the question by original treadstarter:
anyway after setting the cabi you need to place your gear in and close the door.
leave it for a day and review the humidity level and adjust again.

then close the door and leave it for another day and check again.

Do this until the humidity level is correct.

Don't forget that once you open the door the humidity level will change.
you got to give it some time to do it's stuff.

I didn't even touch the dial at all, just plug in the power, damp everything inside, it stays 44~45~46% all the while after a day, factory defult setting.

And there is one night after a wedding shoot, put all my stuff back to the cabinet before I sleep, didn't close the door tide, next day was shock to see the dial show 70%! after a day, it shows 65%, I almost wanted to send for repair or buy a new liao, and finally it take 3~4 days to go down to 45% again. Btw, mine is digicabi professional 100L.

Hi, Newbie here also.
I bought the Digi Cabi DB-036 (30 Litre) two days ago, "Read The Farking Manual" already and still trying to fine tune it to about 47% because the manual recommended between 45% - 55% for camera and lens.
I was thinking to set it to this level so that even when I open the cabinet to take things out, the humidity level will not goes up too high, at most will reach 50% which is halfway between the recommended level.

Dodo said:
Hi, Newbie here also.
I bought the Digi Cabi DB-036 (30 Litre) two days ago, "Read The Farking Manual" already and still trying to fine tune it to about 47% because the manual recommended between 45% - 55% for camera and lens.
I was thinking to set it to this level so that even when I open the cabinet to take things out, the humidity level will not goes up too high, at most will reach 50% which is halfway between the recommended level.
when you open the door all the air from outside will rush in, so don't worry too much about that.

Dodo said:
Hi, Newbie here also.
Don't really matter, as when you open the door, the outside air rushes in and your humidity hits way up, due to our humidity here, but the cabinet will adjust accordingly. Just set it within the limits, no need to be so accurate...;)

Hi,i just bought the DB-036.Is it normal that the green light inside the dry cabi to be on???

SimonKing said:
Hi,i just bought the DB-036.Is it normal that the green light inside the dry cabi to be on???

Yes, the green light will becomes dimmer when the set level of humidity is reaching and will finally goes off when it exceeds the setting.
Mine most of the time remains very dim and once in a while goes off.
Very glad I bought this cabinet, why don't they sell such things last time :cry:

But mine is always on and it doesn't dim as what you described...Is there something wrong with my cabi???

SimonKing said:
But mine is always on and it doesn't dim as what you described...Is there something wrong with my cabi???

it depends on the brand
toyoliving -- lights go out once the drycabi reaches target RH set by you
tolihan - lights stay on to show you it is switched "on"

Status
Not open for further replies.