Abandoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiaroti

Mar 7, 2008
Singapore

I see this tractor everyday when I am on my way home after work , it is not very far away from the Jurong east MRT. I think it is a interesting scene where a tractor meets a tree. I wanted to take some interesting photos of this. Finally, I took this photo in last Saturday morning around 7:30am.
Settings: 1/25 sec, f/10, ISO 100
Whenever I see this tractor, it gives me the feeling of being DUMPED. Kinda sad, especially I was really dumped by someone recently. B&W effect to me will bring out the feeling of sadness, being abandoned, loneliness etc.
1. What’s the feeling you get when you look at this photo? Same feeling as mine?
2. How’s the composition of this photo?
3. Is B&W effect appropriate in this photo?
In overall, what do i need to do to make it a nice photo?
C & C welcome as it helps me to improve. Thanks

It doesn't give the feel of being abandoned. There wasn't any signs on the tractor of wear and tear to further enhance the feel. Too much space on the left. Generally picture is overexposed, give it a "darker" feel.

It doesn't give the feel of being abandoned. There wasn't any signs on the tractor of wear and tear to further enhance the feel. Too much space on the left. Generally picture is overexposed, give it a "darker" feel.

Orh... It has been there since quite some times back, so i think it is abandoned. Hmmm... I re-edited the photo again. I cropped and did something abt the exposure. Hope it comes out better. :sweat:

DSC_5714_3.jpg

It.. looks like a tractor near a MRT. Condolences about your breakup though, I'm sure you will get the chance to take more pictures when you're emo.

1. What’s the feeling you get when you look at this photo? Same feeling as mine?

Sorry to say I feel differently from you but what this picture matters to you is more important than what it means to any of us here in this forum ya?

2. How’s the composition of this photo?

The MRT tracks in the background forces my eye to follow it out of the picture instead of drawing me to the tractor. Perhaps you could have framed with more of the tractor with a wide angle lens to add dynamicism ya?

3. Is B&W effect appropriate in this photo?

As mentioned earlier, what was your intent in presenting this photo in B&W? If you felt it is suitable then it is!

Keep shooting ya? :D

Last edited:
I dont get the feeling of Abandoned...
more like a old or used tractor....

nothing specially for me...
And the B&W is abit too much for me...

Abandoned.. should be like the tractor is old and damaged with rust and grow with grass...
or may be at the scrap yard...

Just my ¥1 suggestion....

compositional issues - at first sight, honestly, where do your eyes go?

does the photo seem a little messy to you? other than that - to bring out the idea of abandoned - are you sure just b&w conversion is enough for any picture? do you think there are other avenues to strengthen the idea/concept? :)

compositional issues - at first sight, honestly, where do your eyes go?

does the photo seem a little messy to you? other than that - to bring out the idea of abandoned - are you sure just b&w conversion is enough for any picture? do you think there are other avenues to strengthen the idea/concept? :)

Hmmm... I viewed my photos again... My eyes will focus on the tractor then move to the left side (mrt track)...

Messy? i think it is caused my the tree? With only the mrt track and the tractor, i think should look more simpler

Since B&W doesn't not bring out the feeling of being abandoned, hmmm, one of the ways i think is to really show the color of the tractor ( faded color) and mayb i can shoot from far distance so that to show and empty space surrounds it?

Sorry to say I feel differently from you but what this picture matters to you is more important than what it means to any of us here in this forum ya?

The MRT tracks in the background forces my eye to follow it out of the picture instead of drawing me to the tractor. Perhaps you could have framed with more of the tractor with a wide angle lens to add dynamicism ya?

As mentioned earlier, what was your intent in presenting this photo in B&W? If you felt it is suitable then it is!

Keep shooting ya? :D

Thanks. i viewed this photos again. as wat u said, "The MRT tracks in the background forces my eye to follow it out of the picture instead of drawing me to the tractor. "
Hmmm... i think i should focus on the tractor itself. i should take the whole tractor and show less MRT track at the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.