Abandoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

eel

Aug 14, 2003
Thomson
Visit site
Haven't been shooting for a while. This was taken over a month ago and only just processed.

abandoned.jpg

Hope to hear your critiques especially regarding the post processing. Cheers!

i think the post processing is quite attractively done, but the frame looks rather busy.

the glowing railings, the textured tree trunks, the path leading into the frame and the fallen bicycle do not seem to work well with each other. somehow i can't feel much communication between them, they seem to be 'doing their own thing' in the frame.

Maybe a shallower depth of field may help....wif regards to PS maybe the railings can be duller as of now my eyes are attracted to the rails instead of the bicycle...just my 2 cents.

Thanks for your comments. So do you think a less glowy and lower contrast image would suit the subject better or are the various elements in the picture just not coming together at all?

i think it's probably because the bicycle is rather lost amongst the details in the frame, the lamp-post behind the bicycle is also an element that distracts, maybe try another frame ... or try some burning?

is the hazy effect cause by the real haze or just by the processing ???

eikin : Thanks, I understand better now.

dot1q : This was before the haze although it was a little misty that morning. That set the mood for the shot so I experimented with a diffuse glow to enhance the effect but probably overdid it.

Nice shot but the lamp post bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.