abandoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

hub_bo

Jul 28, 2006
tower.jpg

Ok i critque myself 1st... too many details perhaps?

n any1 guess where it is ? hehe

hub_bo said:
tower.jpg

Ok i critque myself 1st... too many details perhaps?

n any1 guess where it is ? hehe

Maybe cropping away the distracting person's hand on the top lefthand coner?

You are at the intertidal zone of Pulau Semakau. ;)

try converting it to b&w and play around with dof ;)

Buggy said:
try converting it to b&w and play around with dof ;)

dof is ? abbrv class again :bsmilie:

il_mare77 said:
Maybe cropping away the distracting person's hand on the top lefthand coner?

You are at the intertidal zone of Pulau Semakau. ;)

ok will crop =) n u nt fun 1 lo.. so fast guess ans :p

DOF= Depth Of Field, which is if you focus on an obj, then how blur/sharp the objs before and after the focus obj are...

hub_bo said:
dof is ? abbrv class again :bsmilie:

hub_bo said:
ok will crop =) n u nt fun 1 lo.. so fast guess ans :p

redstone is good at guessing places. ;)

Lol.....

Junior;p Try this. Stand beside one of the columns so that they 'overlap'. Stand some distance away from the first column. Try to set your camera to Portrait mode, focus on the column nearer to you. Adjust so you can see the other column. That would be blurred, the auto characteristic of Portrait mode.

Not sure if it works for you though.:sweat:

redstone said:
Lol.....

Junior;p Try this. Stand beside one of the columns so that they 'overlap'. Stand some distance away from the first column. Try to set your camera to Portrait mode, focus on the column nearer to you. Adjust so you can see the other column. That would be blurred, the auto characteristic of Portrait mode.

Not sure if it works for you though.:sweat:

I would agree with redstone. At first glance I would have done something similar. Too many details would be right, as well as the human being on the left hand of the frame. Less is more and I think this nice area would be better portrayed through a tighter framing and yes with more depth of field perhaps. It IS a nice location though and I think there is great potential there.

Hub_bo, what's your camera?

Do check out the specs and capability of your cam. Think of it not as a hindrance and change your cam because of your skills. But work around the camera's functions. Work around the disadvantages. For now that is. ;)

In learning arts subjects, always you need to improve artistically first. Then the technical part comes in. Same for any arts with technology fields.

In art (eg sclupture) , must learn how to appreciate the beauty and to improve artistically before you learn the technologies needed to produce it. JUST EXAMPLE. :bsmilie:

Portrait and Macro modes will focus on the subject, and make the other elements blur. But this depends for camera to camera. In this case of your photo, use Portrait. Photography is quite easy to grasp. Don't get put off by the technical things, can leave that to later. Up till now I'm still starting to scratch the surface of the techincal part.:sweat:

Think its a ixus

redstone said:
Hub_bo, what's your camera?

Do check out the specs and capability of your cam. Think of it not as a hindrance and change your cam because of your skills. But work around the camera's functions. Work around the disadvantages. For now that is. ;)

In learning arts subjects, always you need to improve artistically first. Then the technical part comes in. Same for any arts with technology fields.

In art (eg sclupture) , must learn how to appreciate the beauty and to improve artistically before you learn the technologies needed to produce it. JUST EXAMPLE. :bsmilie:

Portrait and Macro modes will focus on the subject, and make the other elements blur. But this depends for camera to camera. In this case of your photo, use Portrait. Photography is quite easy to grasp. Don't get put off by the technical things, can leave that to later. Up till now I'm still starting to scratch the surface of the techincal part.:sweat:

lastboltnut : yes ixus.
redstone: thanks! wen i got chance go again i c whether e tingy stil dere..
meanwhile i have to wait til com is fine den can pp lol

Status
Not open for further replies.