Abandoned Housing Estate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
Perhaps we could organise a trip down to the newly-abandoned housing estate of Sembawang Road, somewhere near to the Sembawang Park and Beach or the abandoned housing estate along Hillview Avenue.

I. SEMBAWANG ROAD
Quite sure the site isn't fenced up, just yet. Briefly surveyed the site last year, clean, and no sign of rush evacuation. There are 7 blocks, a
NPP in Block 6 Sembawang Road, and the Sembawang Community Centre near Block 2 Sembawang Road.

More here: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost...059&postcount=4.

I am quite familiar with the site at Sembawang Road, having frequent there a few years before, and hence I can greatly help with the direction and organisation of a trip to this site. This estate is serviced by SMRT 167 (Bukit Merah-Sembawang Road End) and SMRT 169 (Woodlands-Ang Mo Kio).

II. SELETAR WEST FARMWAY
*One the best location to select for a trip, in my point of view.
In the Jalan Kayu Rural Central, while the dwelling blocks are within the Seletar West Housing Estate; I had checked the site on 3 July 2005. No direct bus service to the housing estate, but one could board SBS 86, SBS 103, or SBS 103X from Jalan Kayu Bus Terminal, alight after 5 stops and walk to the site 260m away (estimated time required: 5 minutes). Everything is pleasant over there, no quite much signs of being abandoned (or perhaps of its location; just abandoned months ago).

III. HILLVIEW AVENUE
All 14 housing blocks, a food centre and a market along Hillview Avenue are abandoned at this very moment. Accessible by SMRT 177, fetches you right to the front of Block 14 Hillview Avenue. Will be checking the site on 4 July 2005.

IV. BOON TIONG ROAD
Just discovered this newly abandoned site from the SERS. Need more information regarding the site. 16 HDB housing blocks are abandoned here.

V. LIM CHU KANG ROAD
*Not quite a fleasible choice to organise a trip.
SMRT 975 ply on this road, and right into the area of the abandoned housing estate; 5 blocks: Block 1 is a Food Centre, Block 2 is a Wet Market, Block 3 to Block 5 are dwelling blocks.

The site is not fenced-off (checked by myself on 2 July 2005) but access had been restricted. Not lit at night, gets really dark after 6:45pm.

Slivester said:
Perhaps we could organise a trip down to the abandoned housing estate of Lim Chu Kang Road, off Neo Tiew Road.

I am sure SMRT 175 ply on that road, and right into the area of the abandoned housing estate; 5 blocks: Block 1 is a Food Centre, Block 2 is a Wet Market, Block 3 to Block 5 are dwelling blocks.

Not sure if the site were fenced-off or anything had happened to it. The last time I saw it was probably 2002 or 2003.

i passed by that place some time back think it was like 2004 or 2003. i think it's all fenced up. anyone want to confirm? i actually had a bad dream of that place the night i passed by. kinda give me the creeps. a HDB estate at that place, totally out of nowhere.

someone in CS have actually went to shoot before,saw the photos posted up.

Can't remember as it was quite sometime ago.

djork said:
i passed by that place some time back think it was like 2004 or 2003. i think it's all fenced up. anyone want to confirm? i actually had a bad dream of that place the night i passed by. kinda give me the creeps. a HDB estate at that place, totally out of nowhere.

Yeah, and it don't seemed to have any communal facilities over there at all. Where do the kids living there goes to school? Was quite curious actually, and wanted to visit the site, but definitely not alone. :confused:

For those who visits the Sembawang Beach, perhaps you might come across the newly-abandoned housing estate along Sembawang Road. Quite a few dwelling blocks I supposed; no market or food-centre but I remembered a coffee-shop and a few hardware stores (one of which I remembed was an electronic/appliances repair centre). Surprised to find it abondoned last year, and I am sure it was still in existence before 2004. There was a nursery as well, and went there for filming in 2003.

Well at least its quite different from the abandoned housing estate along Lim Chu Kang Road; the abandoned housing estate along Sembawang Road has a newly-renovated community centre, and is facing a row of private housing. I actually went into some of the blocks last year with a friend while en route to Sembawang Park (on bicycle, and some of the terrain are quite tough, though the car park is intact then, and some of the paths are in good condition), and realised that the elevators are powered, though the door won't open. There are no sight of people, but a few teenagers visiting a tennis court in the housing estate.

Any ideas?

djork said:
is the sembawang housing estate an old one?

I think so, couldn't find any details about it yet. Not under the SERS scheme, as was the Lim Chu Kang Road housing estate; the Lim Chu Kang Road housing estate moved to Boon Lay under SERS.

Had quick check with a nearly outdated street directory, there are 7 blocks, and a NPP in Block 6 Sembawang Road; the Sembawang CC is somewhere around Block 2 Sembawang Road, opposite to Montreal Drive.

Should be considered the Sembawang Housing Estate right? Quite confussed, after all, theres a new housing estate right in Sembawang, or is that the new town? :confused:

Keep me posted, i like to visit the place. :)

err, the lim chu kang estate, you guys may want to check if the army is using it for FIBUA exercise.

there's one at bedok north, next to block 85 market. its not an estate, but merely a block. is that ok?

you guys can also consider hillview estate near MINDEF...

candy said:
there's one at bedok north, next to block 85 market. its not an estate, but merely a block. is that ok?

Not so, if its simply a block, I supposed the authorities had at least fenced the stairwells up. And an abandoned estate will have a rather different atmosphere.

if i'm not wrong, that'll be hillview avenue... the (former) HDB estate behind Glendale Park condo... you can't miss it (there r abt 16 abandoned blocks).

yeah MINDEF is near Bukit Panjang... it's on this hill called Bukit Gombak

lumen said:
if i'm not wrong, that'll be hillview avenue... the (former) HDB estate behind Glendale Park condo... you can't miss it (there r abt 16 abandoned blocks).

Its opened? I mean purely abandoned and access is not restricted?

i think there are bits which are open... not fenced up.. altho there's a crane already hard at work, heh.
i live in one of the condos opposite and shot some stuff last yr, but tt was before ABANDONment. haha

bigbluesky said:
i think there are bits which are open... not fenced up.. altho there's a crane already hard at work, heh.
i live in one of the condos opposite and shot some stuff last yr, but tt was before ABANDONment. haha

I see, any idea what the authorities are doing to the estate? We might have to rush if they are planning to demolish the estate :confused: .

Status
Not open for further replies.